Entries are ongoing for the Patsy Takemoto Mink Foundation Scholarship Program in USAA. This scholarship contest is open to female applicants only. They must be minimum 17 years of age. Five winners will be selected to receive the award.
In 2017, the Foundation is offering five Education Support Awards of up to $5000 each to assist low-income women with children who are pursuing education or training. Awardees will be selected based on 1) financial need; 2) personal circumstance; 3) educational path; 4) vocational or occupational goals; and 5) service or activist or civic goals.
Each of the winning students will receive benefit of $5,000.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- must be a woman, at least 17 years of age
- must be a mother, with minor children
- must be pursuing a vocational degree/certificate; or an associate’s degree; or a first bachelor’s degree; or a professional/master’s/doctoral degree.
- must be enrolled in a not-for-profit, accredited institution or program during the 2017-2018 academic year.
- must be low-income (annual family income less than $20,000 for a family of 2; less than $24,000 for a family of 3; less than $28,000 for a family of 4)
- NEW for 2017-18: Submit your application online – no paper, no postage, secure,
- immediate email confirmation, and a PDF of your application emailed to you upon submission. Click HERE to proceed to the 2017 Education Award Application .
- If you prefer to download, print and send via U.S. Mail, a fillable PDF is still available for download HERE . (Adobe Reader or Acrobat is required for the printable form – click here to download the free Reader) .
To apply this Patsy Takemoto Mink Foundation Scholarship Program, please go to the website and application link below.
1 August on annual basis.