Ozyegin University Undergraduate Academic Merit Scholarships ,TURKEY 2017
Undergraduate Academic Merit Scholarships are scholarships awarded to eligible undergraduate students with academic distinction. The scopes, quotas and requirements of undergraduate academic merit scholarships are reviewed by the Board of Trustees each academic year.
Undergraduate students without scholarships or with partial scholarships are eligible for undergraduate academic merit scholarships as long as they are deemed to meet the following requirements during their regular period of study based on the annual academic evaluations.
- To be a registered student in one of the degree programs offered by OzU
- To have studied at OZU as an undergraduate student both in the Fall and Spring semesters
- As of the end of the Spring semester; to have studied at least 2 semesters in any undergraduate programs, excluding the English Preparatory Program and the summer sessions
- Not to have accumulated the required credits for graduation as of the end of the Spring semester
- To have earned at least 24 ETCS credits both in the Fall and Spring semesters
- To have achieved a semester GPA of at least 2.50 both in the Fall and Spring semesters
- To have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 at the end of the Spring semester
- Not to have been subject to any disciplinary action within the last academic year.
Academic merit scholarships are awarded to the top three freshman, sophomore and junior students in a faculty/school based on the annual academic evaluations conducted at the end of the spring semester of the relevant academic year.
Scope of Scholarships:
Scholarships are awarded in the form of 25 percent tuition waivers. The scope of scholarships to be awarded the following year is revised by the Board of Trustees in the month of January every year.
Eligible students for academic merit scholarships are determined by the Student Services Director’s Office based on the results of the academic evaluations to be conducted at the end of the Spring semester. Scholarships take effect pursuant to the approval of Rector.
Students who satisfy the aforementioned eligibility requirements are listed by their faculty/school and years. In each list, students are ranked based on their CGPA from highest to lowest. In case the grade point averages are the same, the student who earned more credits is ranked higher.