The Oxford Internet Institute (OII) is inviting applications for Postdoctoral Researcher Position in Digital Ethics. UK applicants are eligible to apply for these positions.Applicants are also required to demonstrate that they have a good command of the English language
This is looking for a full-time Postdoctoral Researcher to collaborate with Professor Luciano Floridi on the ethical challenges posed by digital technologies (digital ethics).
The Oxford Internet Institute (OII) is a multi-disciplinary department, part of the University of Oxford, England. It is housed over three sites on St Giles in Oxford, including a primary site at 1 St Giles, owned by Balliol College. The department undertakes research and teaching devoted to understanding life online, with the aim of shaping Internet research, policy, and practice.
Course Level: Positions are available to pursue Postdoctoral Research.
Study Subject: Positions are awarded in Digital Ethics.
Scholarship Award: Grade 7: Positions is available in £31,076 to £38,183 p.a.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for positions:
- The position is suited to candidates who have recently completed a doctorate in any relevant discipline, especially philosophy, ethics, law, sociology.
- The list is not exclusive and a degree in computer science, AI, machine learning, economics, STS, and geography (this list is only indicative) is also relevant, if combined with a proven interest (e.g., publication, organization of workshops and panel, and talks) in ethical, legal, or social impact analysis of digital technologies.
Nationality: UK applicants can apply for these positions.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicant must have previous Degree.
English Language Requirements: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English
How to Apply:
- This position is available from the 1 September 2017 for 18 months in the first instance, with the possibility of renewal thereafter, funding permitting.
- Please note that you may only apply through the Oxford University’s recruitment website.
- Only applications received before 12:00 pm BST on Monday 26 June 2017 will be considered.
- Interviews for those short-listed are currently planned to take place on the week commencing 17 July 2017.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 26, 2017.