The University of Otago is delighted to offer a number of Doctoral Scholarships. Those scholarships are open to both domestic and overseas students. Up to 181 awards are given annually. Those may cover stipend and tuition fees waiver. Applications are accepted anytime.
The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship is the main doctoral scholarship, open to both international and domestic applicants. In addition there are a number of specialised scholarships as follow:
– University of Otago Māori Doctoral Scholarship
– University of Otago Pacific Island Doctoral Scholarship
– University of Otago Special Health Research Scholarship
– Alliance Group Postgraduate Scholarship
– Bamforth Postgraduate Scholarship
– Bruggeman Postgraduate Scholarship in Classics
– Dr Sulaiman Daud 125th Jubilee Postgraduate Scholarship
– Fanny Evans Postgraduate Scholarship for Women
– Gilbert M. Tothill Scholarship in Psychological Medicine
– James Park Scholarship In Geology
– Macandrew-Stout Postgraduate Scholarship in Economics
– Postgraduate Tassell Scholarship in Cancer Research
– Senior Smeaton Scholarship
– The Eamon Cleary Trust Postgraduate Study Scholarship
– Waddell Smith Postgraduate Scholarship in Education
– Williamson Medical Research PhD Scholarship
NZ$25,000 stipend per annum plus domestic tuition fees waiver (excludes student services fee and insurance).
Level and Area of Studies
Doctoral program in varied fields.
Place of Study
At the University of Otago in New Zealand.
Eligibility and Criteria
The scholarships are open to those seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification. Selection is based predominantly on academic merit and the applicant’s potential for research. The specific criteria may be required for the specialised scholarships listed above.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please click the link below to see further instruction of application procedure.
Applicants can apply anytime