Are you an Kenyan, Rwandan and Ugandan university student between the ages of 18 to 28 years old? If so, the World Bank wants you to share your thoughts on youth and agriculture.
Application Deadline: 15th January, 2017.
About the Award: Now in its third year, the #Blog4Dev Contest is an ideas-sharing platform for youth in Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda. This year, the World Bank wants you to share your thoughts on youth and agriculture.
For a chance to win a trip to Washington, D.C. in April 2017, discuss the following question in an original blog of no more than 500 words:
To farm or not to farm: What opportunities exist for youth to prosper in agriculture and agro-business?
Offered Since: 2016
Eligibility: Must be a Kenyan, Rwandan or Ugandan citizen residing in your home country, and be aged between 18 and 28, and the blog post must be written in English.
Selection Criteria: A panel of judges made up of World Bank staff in Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda will review the submissions to determine the winning entries.
The winning submissions will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Originality and creativity
- Potential for scale-up
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Contest:
- Prize: A trip to the Washington, DC, April 21-23, 2017
- The top five blog submissions in each country will be published on the World Bank blog Nasikiliza, and also promoted in the social media channels:
- Kenya: Facebook | Twitter
- Rwanda: Facebook | Twitter
- Uganda: Facebook | Twitter
How to Apply: Apply here
Award Provider: World Bank Group