SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Women in Tech Africa (WiTA), the largest technology based women group in Africa, is inviting applications from passionate,Tech Lovers both men and women who believe in the course of pushing Africa’s growth agenda through technology and entrepreneurship to be part of its Global Champion Programme.
Eligible Countries: Countries in Africa
To be taken at (country): Online. Read Eligibility below
Fields of Involvement:
1)Social Media English-2 spots
2)Social Media French-2 spots
(create content calendar and promote events and women in tech across Africa, must have social media experience- 2 yrs)
3)Operations offline :Helping Country lead with events in country(set up, event promotion , picture taking)
4)Operations Online: Helping manage/set up online webinar
Blog Content Creators
5)Blog Contributor –English 2 spots
6)Blog Contributor –French 2 spots
7)Blog Editor – 2 spots( French 1 – English 1)
(writing a bi weekly column for the website, must be a able to share links to work they have written in the past)
About the Award: Women in Tech Africa (WITA) has the sole mission of supporting female leadership and creating a pipeline for girls to choose technology. It believes that, though the technological field is currently male dominated, there is a great opportunity for many women and girls to thrive in this same field.
This programme is an opportunity for you to apply your skills and gifts to make a difference in the general developmental growth of Africa with special focus on technological development and entrepreneurship. Women in Tech Africa (WiTA) believes that everyone has a role to play in realizing the developmental growth of Africa starting from our communities with our unique set of skills and gifts.
All you need is internet and your willingness to be part of the Global Champion Programme.
Eligibility: Individuals (women, girls, men and boys) from different professional backgrounds and skill sets qualify to partake. Applicants below eighteen (18) years are encouraged to apply but will need to provide a parental/ guardian approval and consent in a formal letter.
Number of Awardees: Up to 12
Value of Program:
- Certification/ testimonial for being a WiTA Global Champion.
- Work closely with the team at Women in Tech Africa (WiTA) head office (Ghana) on projects.
- Recognition and visibility on all WiTA platforms.
- Publication of all write ups by Global Champions to over 500,000 audience from more than thirty (30) countries.
- Network with over 20,000 members and experts.
- Get potential hires with our numerous corporate sponsors.
- Business opportunities or partnerships with our numerous partners and business professionals.
- Acquire new knowledge and learn skills
As a Global Champion for WiTA, your involvement would be voluntary. No funds will be available to cover the costs of your participation.
Duration of Program:
- Global Champions are expected to make available at most an hour a day to fulfill their commitments.
- In the case of special projects, Global Champions would be required for more than an hour based on the nature of the project(s).
How to Apply: Apply now to become a WiTA Global Champion.
Application Deadline: 3oth January 2017 at 5:00 pm GMT.
Award Provider: WiTA Global Champion.