The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) is pleased to invite applications for international incoming fellowships to outstanding researchers. Applicants are advised to ensure that they listed eligibility requirements must be met by each applicant.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences (OeAW) is Austria’s central non-university research and science institution. Its statutory mission is to “promote science in every way”. Founded in 1847 as a learned society, today the OeAW has over 770 members and 1,450 employees dedicated to innovative basic research, interdisciplinary exchange of knowledge and the dissemination of new insights with the aim of contributing to progress in science and society as a whole.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: Outstanding researchers wishing to apply for an ERC Starting/Consolidator Grant or a Marie Sklodowska Curie Fellowship are invited for a short-term visit to the OeAW, to experience the unique working environment of the OeAW and to avail of the support provided by the Grant Service.
Scholarship Award: Funding will be provided for a stay of maximum 3 months. Fellowship offers:
- OeAW offers to fund to international incoming fellows intending to submit an MSCA or an ERC Starting/ Consolidator Grant and choosing ÖAW as their host institution. Reimbursement up to a maximum of € 8,100 per fellow is awarded (max. €2,700 per month for a max. of 3 months, plus reimbursement of actual travel costs for 1 return trip; the research visits may, however, comprise of one single trip or several short trips).
- Training for applicants by the Grant Service during their stay at OeAW
- Administrative support, counselling, and proposal check during the application phase by the Grant Service.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Those international incoming fellows intending to submit an ERC Starting Grant/ERC Consolidator Grant or another appropriate H2020 grant of interest to OeAW (such as MSC?IF) as a host institution.
- Highly qualified researchers of all disciplines fulfilling the eligibility criteria for MSCA (IF) or ERC StG or CoG with the intent to apply for funding in one of these funding schemes and choose OeAW as their host institution.
Nationality: Researchers from all around the world are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please send the electronic version of the documents to the Grant Service.
- Completed and signed application form
- Letter of recommendation by a leading researcher of the home institution that nominates the fellow
- Letter of confirmation from the OeAW Institute of acceptance of the incoming fellow
- Statement of interest from the incoming fellow
Application Deadline: The Call is open until further notice.