SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
OeAD is pleased to offer Richard Plaschka Postdoctoral Fellowships for international students. Recipients of Plaschka grants can work as visiting researchers at university departments and carry out specialist studies in libraries, archives or at research institutions.
The grant recipients should place emphasis on cross-border collaboration in their scientific activities.
The OeAD GmbH is the central service centre for European and international mobility and cooperation programmes in the fields of education, science and research.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Humanities, History and Archaeology.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- Monthly grant rate: € 1.150,–
- Accident and health insurance, accommodation
- a) If necessary, the OeAD-GmbH will take out an accident and health insurance on behalf of the grant recipient.
- b) If required the OeAD-GmbH will try to provide accommodation (student hall of residence or flat) for recipients of grants. Monthly expenses from € 220,– to € 470,– incur. An Administration fee of € 18,– per month is payable to the OeAD-GmbH for arranging accommodation. The costs for accommodation and for the insurance have to be paid out of the grant by the awardee.
- Recipients of grants are exempted from paying tuition fees.
- Recipients of grants from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of up to € 1.000,– maximum. Travel expenses to Austrian representative authorities outside the home country are also refundable.
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility: Eligible for application are highly qualified post-docs in the field of history who are primarily occupied with Austria-related topics. Recipients of Richard Plaschka grants can work as visiting researchers at university departments and institutes and carry out specialist studies in libraries, archives or at research institutions.
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities (except Austria) are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have PhD degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: The following documents have to be uploaded with the online application. Two recent letters of recommendation by university lecturers (for these letters of recommendation no specific form is required but must contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and must be no older than six months at the time of application.)
- Consent of a habilitated lecturer at the Austrian target institution to supervise the applicant academically
- Scan of your passport (page with name and photo)
- Scan of your university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, PhD or doctoral studies
- Scientific synopsis and bibliography related to the research project
- Record of all previous held university courses
- Proof of employment at a university
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 15, 2017.