The Harford Community College is currently accepting applications for the STEM Scholarship Fund or NSF S-STEM Scholarship Program. The program is designed to support/assist academically talented full-time students who are majoring in biology and engineering with financial need to continue their education and pursue careers in STEM fields. S-STEM scholarships will be awarded for up to two years beginning in fall 2017. The application deadline is 15 August 2017.
The winners will receive two-year scholarships of up to $10,000 per year.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in biology and engineering.
Place of Study
At the Harford Community College in U.S.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a U.S. citizen, national, refugee alien, or permanent resident alien
- Be enrolled full-time (registered for a minimum of 12 credits per semester)
- Declare a major in the STEM fields of biology or engineering
- Demonstrate financial need (as defined for undergraduate students by the U.S. Department of Education criteria for Federal financial aid).
- An FAFSA is required to determine financial need.
- Demonstrate academic potential with a minimum 3.0 GPA in coursework in high school or college AND placement into Precalculus or Calculus I and
- Agree to participate in all HI-StEM program activities.
To continue in the program, a student must:
- Maintain full-time status (minimum of 12 credits per semester)
- Maintain the cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Earn grades of B or better in MATH 203 and PHYS 101/PHYS203 for biology majors or MATH 203 and PHYS 203 for engineering majors
- Actively participate in the HI-STEM program activities.
The United States citizens are invited to apply.
Please download and complete the application form at the link below.
15 August 2017.