Northern New York Community Foundation Scholarship Program-Non-traditional students 2017
The Foundation, in partnership with Jefferson Community College (JCC), administers the Jefferson-Can Community Scholars Program. The Jefferson-Can scholarship is a merit-based scholarship awarded to high school seniors, at the top of their class, who plan to attend JCC. Students are awarded up to full tuition (less fees and other financial aid and/or any other scholarships) for their first year at Jefferson Community College. Scholarship packets will be mailed to students who qualify for the Jefferson-Can program – packets are mailed to students by the financial aid office at Jefferson Community College.
The Northern New York Community Foundation annually awards scholarships to
- high school seniors for their freshman year in college or technical school (Full-time enrollment required – this is a one year award.)
- and non-traditional students for any year in college or technical school. (Part-time and full-time enrollment available) Applicants must reside in Jefferson, Lewis or St. Lawrence counties – applicants may re-apply each year.
- High school juniors who will be studying STEM related careers (available ONLY to high school juniors in St. Lawrence County – this is a one year award.)
Year of Need: College Freshman, College Sophomore, College Junior, College Senior,
Type: Needs Based
Num Awards: Multiple
Min Award: 500
Max Award: 12000
- Applicants must reside in Jefferson, Lewis or St. Lawrence counties.
- Applicants may be either part-time or full-time undergraduate students in any year of study.
- Students who will be attending technical schools are eligible to apply.
- Selection for non-traditional students is based on educational objectives, ability to meet them, and financial need. Additionally, any unusual hardships and special family or personal circumstances should be described in the application.
How to Apply:
Application packets are available in February each year, and can be downloaded at that time as a PDF (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader ). Application packets will also be available through high school guidance counselors or at the Community Foundation office. Completed packets must be returned to the Foundation by April 1, by mail or hand delivered. They may not be submitted by e-mail.
Deadline: April 1(annually)
Sponsoring OrganizationNorthern New York Community Foundation
HSBC Building, Suite 400 120 Washington Street
Watertown, NY 13601