Applications are currently been accepted for the Next Generation Social Sciences Doctoral Fellowships for African Countries 2018/2019,hurry and apply as only eligible persons will be considered for this program.
Type: Research, Fellowship .
Field of Study: The fellowships support dissertations and research on peace, security and development topics.
Institution: Social science research council
Eligible Countries: Citizens of and reside in a sub-Saharan African country while holding a current faculty position at an accredited college or university in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda
Value of Fellowships:
- The doctoral dissertation research fellowship supports research costs of up to US$15,000 on a topic related to peace, security, and development.
- The doctoral dissertation proposal fellowship supports short-term research costs of up to US$3,000 to develop a doctoral dissertation proposal.
- The doctoral dissertation completion fellowship supports a one-year leave from teaching responsibilities and a stipend up to US$15,000 to permit the completion of a dissertation that advances research on peace, security, and development topics.
Eligibility: All candidates must:
- be citizens of and reside in a sub-Saharan African country
- hold a master’s degree
- be enrolled in a PhD program at an accredited university in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda
- have an approved dissertation research proposal
As of May 2015, the program prioritizes applicants holding a faculty position or demonstrating a durable commitment to higher education, but does not restrict eligibility to such individuals.
The program seeks to promote diversity and encourages women to apply.
How to Apply:
- Apply for Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowship
- Apply for Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Fellowship
- Apply for Doctoral Dissertation Completion Fellowship
Application Deadline: 17th November 2017
Award Sponsors: Social Science Research Council