Sierra Nevada College is glad to announce “New Teach Nevada Scholarships”, a state effort to help alleviate the Nevada’s critical teacher shortage.To be applying for the scholarship students must have received a Bachelor’s degree and must be newly enrolled in a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program at a state-approved Nevada university. The Nevada Dept. of Education Teach Nevada Scholarships are initiated to help train newly licensed teachers for districts in the state with significant teacher shortages. The scholarships provide up to $3,000 per semester (up to $24,000 overall) to eligible students.
Sierra Nevada College is a private, liberal arts university known for its programs in entrepreneurship, environmental science, English and creative writing, ski business & resort management, fine arts and teacher education.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Students must have received a Bachelor’s degree in a field other than education.
- Students must be newly enrolled in a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program at a state-approved Nevada university.
- Students must pursue licensing in Elementary Education, Special Education, or Secondary Education in Math, Science, or English.
- Students must maintain good academic standing during the program and maintain employment in eligible Nevada public schools for five consecutive years after completion.
How to Apply:
Go through the given link to apply for the scholarship: http://www.sierranevada.edu/academics/teacher-education/master-of-arts-in-teaching-mat/teach-nevada-scholarship/
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Recipients receive up to $3,000/semester (fall, winter/spring, and summer), not to exceed a total of $24,000.
- The student receives 75% of the award during each semester of attendance.
- The remaining 25% is deposited into a trust account established by the college for the student.
The deadline for proposals is 5:00 PM ET, on August 18, 2017.
Link for More Information: