The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) is proud to offer MA/MSc scholarships for Indian applicants. These scholarships are available in the field of mathematics.
The aim of the scholarships is to encourage and enhance the study of mathematics.
The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) was set up by the Government of India under the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), in the year 1983, to foster the development of higher mathematics in the country.
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue a master degree.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the field mathematics.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the following:
- Successful candidates will receive a scholarship of Rs. 6,000/- (Rupees Six Thousand Only) per month, during the two year period of the post-graduate programme.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Students holding a first class B.A./B.Sc. degree in mathematics or students holding a B.A.(Hons.)/B.Sc.(Hons.) degree in mathematics with at least a second class.
- Students in the final year of the B.A./B.Sc. programme expecting to complete the course by July 2017 with a first class (or, in case of an honours program, at least a second class).
- Students with a good academic record who have already completed, or expect to complete by July 2017, one year of a recognized M.Sc. program in mathematics.
- Students who have completed, or expect to complete by July 2017, three or four years of a five-year integrated M.Sc. programme in mathematics with cumulative marks/grade equivalent to a first class.
Nationality: Indian applicants are eligible for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have undergraduate degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
- Applications on plain paper should be made in the format given at the end of this advertisement. They should be sent, along with a recent passport sized photograph of the applicant affixed to it and a self-addressed envelope, to the Zonal Coordinator of the zone in which the candidate wishes to appear for the written test.
- The envelope containing the application should be super-scribed NBHM MA/MSc Scholarships.
- Each candidate should clearly indicate two centres from the zone in which (s)he wishes to appear for the test, in order of preference
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 28, 2017.