Last updated on February 16th, 2018 at 12:58 pm
Applications are ongoing for the MAS postgraduate scholarship also known as Muhammad Ariff Ahmad Scholarship. This scholarship will support master and doctoral and research program in the field of Malay studies. Master scholarship is available for local students and Phd research grant is available for International students. Please note that those program can be taken both in National Institute of Education (NIE) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU). The successful applicants will receive maximum $10,000 for master and $15,000 for PhD and Research program.
Muhammad Ariff Ahmad (MAS) Postgraduate Scholarship and Research Grant are initiated in honor of Dr Muhammad Ariff Ahmad, a highly-regarded Malay scholar whose encyclopedic knowledge and contributions in the fields of Malay literature, culture, education and language are pivotal in shaping and advancing Malay cultural studies in
Singapore and the region.
The MAS Postgraduate Scholarship and MAS Research Grant are dedicated to generate further Malay language, literature, education and culture corpuses by inviting applicants who are pursuing postgraduate studies in the relevant fields, and researchers who are embarking on academic explorations that elevate Malay cultural studies to cross-cultural and international discourses.
The winners of this scholarship may expect to receive award valued $10,000 for Master, $15,000 for PhD and Research program.
At National Institute of Education (NIE) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
Local and Overseas students are welcome to apply.
MAS Postgraduate Scholarship Requirements:
- Master scholarship is available for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division) Honours only.
- PhD scholarship is available for all with excellent academic record, regardless of nationality.
- Research Grant is available for all with excellent academic record, regardless of nationality and at least 2 years working experience in research.
- A very good command of Malay and English language.
- Applicants should not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary during the prescribed period of the MAS Scholarship.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
You may learn the detail guide of the application procedure at the application link below.
15th February each year.