Every year, approximately 25,000 agricultural jobs go unfilled due to a lack of qualified applicants. Agriculture is more than just farming—it’s thousands of careers in a variety of fields, including science, technology, engineering, math and much more. Hence Monsanto Company is pleased to offer Monsanto Graduate Student Scholarship Program. Monsanto is committed to recognizing high-achieving underrepresented students pursuing degrees in agriculture and STEM-related fields through their scholarship program. Upto $25,000 scholarship award will be given to the winning candidates.
Monsanto is a sustainable agriculture company. They deliver agricultural products that support farmers all around the world. They also manufacture Roundup branded herbicides and other herbicides used by farmers, consumers, and lawn-and-garden professionals.
- U.S. citizen or legal resident and a minority student
- Enrolled or admitted in a Master of Science degree program with an emphasis in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math at an accredited college or university in the U.S
- In good standing, demonstrating academic excellence
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Ph.D. candidates not eligible to apply
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply online through the given link: http://www.monsanto.com/careers/pages/student-grad-scholarship.aspx
- College transcript
- Three letters of reference
- Personal statement (300-word maximum) describing professional and career goals relating to the reasons for his/her desire to enter a profession in a STEM field
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Administered by Monsanto
- Awards will be distributed directly to the university in compliance with their school policy
- Awards can be applied to tuition, books, and fees
- Awards not to exceed $25,000
- Awards distributed annually in August
The application is open from September 1 – May 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: