Applications can now be submitted for the Monash Community Leaders Scholarship 2018/19, eligible persons are advised to hurry and apply
The Monash Community Leaders Scholarship is for students who contribute to making a difference in the Monash community. Recipients work with Access Monash staff to engage students from under-represented communities via schools outreach activities and one-on-one mentoring.
This scholarship is funded through a combination of grants from the Commonwealth (HEPPP) and State Government. The Monash Achieving Potential fund provides up to five additional scholarships thanks to the generous support of Monash alumni. To learn how you can help, visit: https://community.monash.edu.au/general-donate-now
Donors in 2016 include:
- Yoko & Adam Ryan and Family
- The Pancutt Family Foundation (Professor Paul Sheahan AM)
- Howard McDonald
Total value of $4000
- $4000 per annum paid for one year only but may be renewed.
- Based on academic achievement and interview performance.
All conditions must be met
- Australian or New Zealand citizen, holder of an Australian permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa.
- Commencing or continuing student who has completed VCE or equivalent in Australia, and
- Selected to be an Access Monash Mentor.
- Demonstration of your commitment to making a difference to others through leadership and community involvement, by demonstrating involvement in school and community activities, leadership , motivation , enthusiasm and commitment to higher education.
- ATAR of 85.00 or continuing students who have completed at least 2 semesters of study and have a Weighted Average Mark of 65%.
- You must maintain full-time enrolment.
- Recipients of scholarships funded by the Achieving Potential Scholarship Fund will be asked to provide an annual progress report for the duration of their scholarship (this will be noted on your offer letter). This report will be used to communicate to donors who funded these scholarships and will provide students with an opportunity to share their appreciation, experiences and benefits of receiving a scholarship.
|Application and other information
- Cannot be deferred.
- You must apply to become an Access Monash Mentor when applying for this scholarship.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed between November and December 2016 – please ensure you are available during this time.
- If you are successful you will be sent a conditional Access Monash Mentor offer and scholarship prior to December change of preference period.