Applications are currently ongoing for the Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program 2018. The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships form a selective programme designed to mentor future African leaders. Through this annual fellowship programme, we seek to deepen and broaden our growing network which continues to contribute its skills and learning to a better Africa.
The Fellowships offer the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the AfDB (Abidjan), UNECA (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva).
- National of an African country
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience
- master’s degree
- under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children
- any additional criteria as set by the host.
Prospective fellows who meet the eligibility criteria are invited to apply directly to the current hosts:
The International Trade Centre (ITC) Mo Ibrahim Leadership Fellowship 2018
Master’s degree in economics, business, international development, international relations or
Between seven to ten years of relevant work experience.
Advanced English. Knowledge of other UN official languages in particular French or Spanish
is an asset.
Application Deadline: 15 October 2017 (midnight Geneva time)
Entry date: May 2018
Duration of Fellowship: One year
Location: International Trade Centre, Geneva, Switzerland
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of international trade development and trade related development assistance (TRTA);
- Knowledge of strategic planning and governance;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts and data;
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals at all levels and different multi-cultural backgrounds.
For More Information: