offers are up for the McKinsey & Company Young Leaders Programme. This one-year program is an internship open only to Nigerians doing their mandatory national youth service (NYSC). Interns work as integral members of the teams, experiencing McKinsey life firsthand. The Young Leaders Program helps to develop exceptional young local African talent into real leaders. At the end of the program, high-performing Fellows may receive an offer to join McKinsey as a full-time consultant.
Interns will work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of the client engagement. This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members. You’ll gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. YLP’s receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
- Candidates should have an undergraduate or masters degree;
- Have an outstanding record of academic achievement;
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics;
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities;
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization;
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language;
- Be registered in the NYSC program.