SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
European University Institute (EUI) in Florence, Italy, is delighted to invite applicants for the Max Weber Post-Doctoral Fellowships for International Scholars In Italy 2018/2019, Only candidates whom are eligible will be considered for this program.
Institution: European University Institute (EUI) in Florence, Italy
Value of Fellowship:
- The Fellowship provides a grant of 2000 euro per month plus – when appropriate – a family allowance.
- The Max Weber Fellows enjoy the superb research facilities of the European University Institute (including an outstanding library, a shared office space, and a personal research fund of 1000 euros).
- The MWP is unique among postdoctoral programmes in helping Fellows to become full members of a global academic community.
- Fellows are given training and support in all aspects of an academic career – from publishing and presenting, teaching, applying for research grants and jobs. A particular focus is placed on communicating effectively in English to different kinds of academic audiences.
- Its placement record is second to none: most Max Weber Fellows secure an academic position in the finest institutions around the world upon completion of the Programme.
To be taken at (country): Italy
Eligible Countries: All countries
- Candidates must have received their Ph.D within the past 5 years or have official approval to defend their thesis by the time of the start of the programme (1 September). Therefore, to apply for 2018-19 they should have received or submitted their Ph.D. between 1/9/2013 and 1/9/2018 and the Ph.D defence should take place no later than 31/12/2018.
- Extensions to the five-year rule are allowed for applicants whose academic career has been interrupted for maternity or paternity leave, illness or mandatory military service. Cite circumstances in the application form in the field ‘Additional Notes’. Successful candidates will be asked to provide supporting documents.
- EUI graduates can only apply for a Max Weber Fellowships after having been away from the EUI and in a full-time occupation or another fellowship for at least a year after defending their Ph.D
- Candidates of any nationality are eligible for the Max Weber Fellowships.
- The expected level of English proficiency is level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR). Successful candidates will be requested to provide a certificate/supporting document on registration. This can be one of the international certificates listed below, or a supporting document showing that the candidate has written the doctorate, or published an article or a book chapter of at least 6000 words in English, or has studied and hold a qualification from a University where the language of instruction and assessment was English. Native English speakers are exempt of proof.
- The following international certificates of English proficiency are recognised by the EUI:
- IELTS: From 7.5
- TOEFL (IBT)
- Cambridge Proficiency
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
How to Apply: The annual deadline is 25 October, but applications for self-funded fellowships will be considered until 25 March. Visit Application Webpage to apply
Application Deadline: 25th October, 2017
Award Provider: The Max Weber Fellowship