SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The university of Tsukuba in Japan is delighted to invite applications for the masters program at the university, eligible persons are by this notice invited to hurry and submit their applications.
University of Tsukuba offers a range of different University of Tsukuba Masters Scholarships Program for international students to help cover tuition fees or living costs for fall 2016 intake. Students from developing countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Level: master’s degree.
Field(s): Economics Course, leading to the degree of Master of Arts in Economics and Public Policy Course leading to the degree of Master of Public Policy
Scholarship covers: The University of Tsukuba Masters Scholarships Program benefits cover:
- Round trip air travel (economy class) between home country and Japan, plus a travel allowance of US$ 500 for each one-way trip
- Full tuition and fees
- A monthly living stipend
- National health insurance
- Other program expenses such as Japanese lessons, educational trips, internship etc.
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | Tsukuba City, Japan
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): University of Tsukuba Masters Scholarships Program is targeted for Students of developing countries (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Rep., Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep. of, Congo, Rep. of, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Rep, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep. of, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR of, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia,
|F.S., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad & Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe)
To apply to JJ/WBGSP ( University of Tsukuba Masters Scholarships Program ) , applicant must:
- Be a national of a World Bank (WB) member country that is eligible to receive WB financing eligible developing country and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the WB financing.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned more than three (3) years before June 3rd 2017.
- Not have received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any sources funded by the government of Japan
- Be employed in a paid and full time position at the time of Friday, June 3rd 2016 unless the applicant is from a country identified in the WB’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations.”
- Have, by the time of Friday, June 3rd 2017, at least three (3) years of recent full time paid professional experience acquired in development-related work after a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country; If the applicant is from a country identified in the WB’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of Friday, June 3rd 2016, the recent professional experience does not have to be full time or paid.
- Be under the age of forty-five 45 by June 3rd, 2018.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), or a close relative of the aforementioned
- Admitted to the University unconditionally only upon securing financing.
- To apply to ADB-JSP ( University of Tsukuba Masters Scholarships Program ) , applicant must:
- Be a national of an Asian Development Bank (ADB) borrowing member.
- Gain admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Be not more than 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Not be Executive Director, Alternate Director, management and staff of ADB, consultant, or relative of the aforementioned.
- Not be a staff of the JSP designated institutions are not eligible to apply to their own institution.
- Not live or work in a country other than his/her home country.
- Not be enrolled in other graduate degree programs.
‣ Entrance Requirement: Student must hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
‣ Test and English Language Requirement: To demonstrate English proficiency and verbal and quantitative skills; the test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) administered through the Educational Testing Service (ETS) are required. A TOEFL score of 600 or TOEFL iBT score of 100, or higher is preferred for admission. (“9995” is the TOEFL & GRE institution code number for the University of Tsukuba.)
Scholarship Application Method
‣ University asks applicants to complete the application entry on Online Application System (OAS). The required documents must be uploaded through the OAS; University will not accept applications via email, fax or regular mail.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 2nd, 2017 – 23:59 February 28th, 2018 (JST)
How to apply?
1. Check if you meet all application requirements above.
3. Go to our Online Application System to start application process.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.