The Masters in Research and Innovation in Higher Education (MARIHE) Scholarship Application Period for student intake in August 2017 (Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree Scholarship) is now open. Apply now.
Offered annually? Yes
To be taken at (country):
Field of Study: View all eligible programs via the Universities’ links in the webpage (link below)
Eligibility: Applicants to the MARIHE programme must:
- hold a first university degree
- show a strong motivation and interest
- have sufficient knowledge of English for academic purposes
Other acceptable ways of indicating English language proficiency are:
- proof of a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree delivered in English from a university in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or United States, excluding MBA degrees and online degrees, with the applicant having stayed in the respective country when studying for the degree.
- proof of secondary education conducted in English language in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom or United States.
In addition to submitting proof of an adequate degree or secondary education as described, applicants may also be interviewed before being exempted.
Selection Criteria: All eligible applications to MARIHE will be reviewed by members of the MARIHE Consortium partners. The reviewers will assess:
- the applicant’s academic quality, judged primarily from the results of prior university studies.
- the applicant’s motivation and justification of the application in relation to prior studies, work experience (if applicable) and future career plans towards the aims of MARIHE, judged from the letter of motivation in combination with CV and the two letters of recommendation.
- the applicant’s personal skills, judged from the results of prior studies and the letters of recommendation.
- the applicant’s English language skills, judged from the certificate provided.
The scores from the review will form a ranked list of applications which will be used for student selection by the MARIHE Admission Board. In the event that two or more applications on this ranked list show the same score the Admission Board will decide on their ranking.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Fully-funded. The Erasmus Mundus scholarship covers tuition fees and allows to cover all expenses that non-EU students normally face during their studies.
Duration of Scholarship: Two years. September 2017 – August 2019
Application Deadline: 28th February 2017, 11:00 p.m., central European time
How to Apply: MARIHE only accepts electronic applications submitted through our MARIHE application Database.
It is important to go through the Application requirements and before applying.
Award Provider: MARIHE is supported by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union under the action of a Joint Master Degree.
Important Notes: MARIHE consortium will inform scholarship applicants in May 2017 on the assessment of their application and on their chances to receive an Erasmus+ scholarship for intake 2017.