The MasterCard foundation is calling on African students to apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship At University of British Columbia for African Students 2018/2019 At Canada, Only eligible African applicants will be considered for this program, hurry and apply!!!
The University of British Columbia, Canada is pleased to partner with The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program to provide comprehensive scholarships to students from Sub-Saharan Africa. The Program provides access to education for academically talented, yet economically marginalized young people. More than 110 students from Africa will receive comprehensive scholarships to live and learn at the University of British Columbia thanks to a $25 million grant from The MasterCard Foundation.
UBC is among the first Canadian universities to join The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program and one of 15 institutions in the world participating in the $500 million global education initiative.
Level/Field of study:
The scholarships are available for pursuing Undergraduate in Development related fields
The scholarship is hosted by the University of British Columbia, Canada
Scholarship is open to international students from African countries
Selected students will receive a scholarship equivalent to the costs related to attaining a degree, including travel, tuition, textbooks, housing, food, and living expenses. You will also receive financial, academic, social, and post-graduation support which will enable you to build experiences and competencies critical for academic success
The number of offers differs according to the different scholarships.
To be eligible for consideration as an undergraduate for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC, the nominee must:
- be a citizen of and residing in a Sub-Saharan African country;
- present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show they lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in their home country or elsewhere;
- have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and show leadership qualities or potential;
- demonstrate an interest in and commitment to giving back to his/her home community in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa, through engagement in activities outside the classroom, in the school and/or community;
- be graduating/recently graduated from a recognized senior secondary school;
- be applying for their first undergraduate degree in one of the following Faculties at UBC’s Vancouver campus:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Applied Science (Engineering)
- Faculty of Forestry (Bachelor of Science in Forestry)
- Faculty of Land & Food Systems (including Global Resource Systems; Food, Nutrition & Health; Applied Biology [Applied Animal Biology, Applied Plant & Soil Sciences or Food & the Environment])
- Sauder School of Business (Bachelor of Commerce)
- be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian Study Permit;
- commit to returning to Africa immediately after graduation from UBC in order to apply their training and skills to the betterment of others.
Undergraduate Scholarship: A student must be nominated for the Undergraduate MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of British Columbia. Nominations will be accepted from secondary schools and recognized international development agencies and their affiliates, or registered local or international charitable and not-for-profit organizations. Each school or organization may nominate a maximum of three students.
Note that you will need to apply online to the University of British Columbia and also submit the Undergraduate MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program nomination package.
Nominations: When students are confirmed for nomination, their high school or recognised non-profit organisation must use the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program nomination package. Find the Nomination package in the link below.
Currently, this scholarship is unavailable but we shall keep you posted on the new date
We recommend other scholarship opportunities.
Does this article meet your immediate needs? if yes, click the SHARE button to share with your friends. if no, leave a response on the comment box to express your concern or ask question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.