Massey University is delighted to call for applications for the Vice Chancellors High Achievers Academic Scholarships, and applications submissions continues till 20th August 2017. Hurry and apply now as all application submission stop on the stated deadline.
‣ These Scholarships were established to support new students enrolling at Massey University with a previous record of high achievement in the following categories: “Academic; “Arts (composition, performance, creative writing, and / or visual arts). The value of the Scholarship shall be $3000 for full-time students, or pro-rated for part-time students, for one year.
‣ Massey University Vice Chancellors High Achievers Academic Scholarships Applicants who apply for and are successful in more than one category will receive recognition of that but will only receive remuneration (to the maximum of $3,000 or pro-rated for part-time) for one category.
School(Institutions/ Country): Massey University | New Zealand
Level: Bachelor Degree
Field(s): in all academic courses and Arts(composition, performance, creative writing and or visual arts)
Deadline: 20th August 2017.
Funded By: Massey University, New Zealand
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Massey University Vice Chancellors High Achievers Academic Scholarships are targeted for Students of New Zealand.
‣ Award No: Up to 150 full-time and part-time Scholarships may be awarded annually.
|‣ Scholarship Duration: The value of the Scholarship shall be $3000 for full-time students or pro-rated for part-time students, for one year.
‣ Scholarship covers: Up to 150 full-time and part-time Scholarships may be awarded annually. The value of the Scholarship shall be $3000 for full-time students, or pro-rated for part-time students, for one year. Applicants who apply for and are successful in more than one category will receive recognition of that but will only receive remuneration (to the maximum of $3,000 or pro-rated for part-time) for one category. The Scholarship will be paid in two installments upon confirmation of enrollment in semesters one and two following the official withdrawal dates for these semesters
The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for this Massey University Vice Chancellors High Achievers Academic Scholarships.
‣ All applicants must be eligible, and intending, to enroll: “for either full-time (minimum of 105 credits) or part-time (minimum of 45 credits) study; ” in the first year (i.e. 100 level) of a Bachelor degree programme; ” in the year following the award of the Scholarship; “at any Massey University campus.
‣ All applicants need to meet the entry criteria for the programme that they intend to enrol in at Massey University.
‣ Applicants for the Massey University Vice Chancellor’s High Achievers Scholarship Academic Category only School leaver applicants for the Academic category should normally have achieved a minimum of 20 NCEA Level 2 credits (or the equivalent in unit standards and/or credits or the equivalent in CIE or IB) in each of four subjects from the approved list in order to be considered for this award.
‣ Credits would normally be expected to reflect a level of excellence across a range of subjects recognized by an endorsement of Excellence, and or excellence within the subject areas of proposed study.
‣ Non school leaver applicants in this category must be able to demonstrate equivalent competence across a minimum of four subject areas.
‣ Applicants for the Massey University Vice Chancellor’s High Achievers Scholarship (Arts) categories: School leaver applicants in the Arts category must have attained an NCEA Level 2 certificate at Year 12 and in the opinion of the school, must be clearly capable of achieving University Entrance.
‣ Non school leaver applicants in the Arts category must be able to document academic achievements that are comparable with those required of school leaver applicants at University Entrance or similar.
Selection Criteria for Massey University Vice Chancellors High Achievers Academic Scholarships
‣ Academic category: Selection will be made on the basis of: “a record of excellence across subject areas relevant to the proposed course of study at Massey University, with supporting record of excellence and merit in other subject areas.
‣ Arts: Selection will be made on the basis of: “evidence of excellence, both inside and outside school, in one or more arts fields (evidenced, for example, by publication, by success in a regional or national debating or theatre competition, by inclusion in an art/design exhibition, or by selection in a regional orchestra); “support by an appropriately qualified person and/or organization (e.g. director, editor, conductor, teacher/mentor, orchestra, theatre company or, society).
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to apply by post.
Download an application form
Application forms are available from Massey University Student Liaison Officers or from Massey Contact, Massey University, Private Bag 11-222, Palmerston North 4442, or email: Contact@massey.ac.nz. Application forms can also be downloaded from the Scholarships and awards website: http://awards.massey.ac.nz/
NOTE: To be able to complete the online forms users must have the latest Adobe Reader software. Please download the free software – https://get.adobe.com/reader. To be able to complete the online forms, please SAVE A BLANK copy to your computer first, then fill in the form, otherwise you will not be able to save what you have inputted.
Completed application forms should be sent as pdf to the Scholarships Office email@example.com or as hardcopy to: Scholarships, Massey University, Private Bag 11-222, Palmerston North 4442 by the closing date.
Courier Address: Scholarships Office, Massey University, Tennent Drive, Palmerston North.
NOTE: The sports category is now a separate scholarship: Massey University Academy of Sport Scholarship
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Applications will NOT be accepted more than 3 months in advance of the closing date.
Application cannot be accepted before 20/05/2017.Download an application form
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 20th August 2017.
‣ Important Note: Application cannot be accepted before 30/05/2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.