This is to inform prospective and intending applicants that the Mary Blake Single Parent Nursing Scholarship is currently ongoing. The scholarship recognizes and rewards the efforts of individuals who meet the joint challenges of single parenthood and nursing. A one-time disbursement of $500.00 will be given to the winner of an essay contest.
Online Nursing Degrees.org was created as an online informational resource for individuals looking to pursue nursing-related education and careers.
- The scholarship contest is open to any individual at least 18 years old, enrolled in an accredited nursing program who also meets the additional criteria identified for receiving a specific award.
- Applicants must be permanent residents, refugees or qualified immigrants of the United States.
- Qualified immigrants are defined under federal law: the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996, Pub. L. No. 104-193, and the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, Pub. L. No. 104-208.
How to Apply:
- To be applying for scholarship contest the candidates are required to submit the online application form through the given link: http://www.onlinenursingdegrees.org/financial-aid/single-parent-scholarship-contest.htm
- The winning entrant will supply an essay of at least 500 words describing why they are uniquely deserving of this award.
- In addition to writing the winning essay, the entrant receiving this award:
- Will be able to prove US citizenship
- Will be a single parent
- Will be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited school of nursing
- Will provide transcripts showing a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or greater, or show an ACT score of at least 28 or a SAT score of at least 1250
Financial Aid and Award Money:
A $500.00 award will be given to the winner of an essay contest.
Application deadline for the contest is Midnight, June 15, 2017, EST.
Link for More Information:
For additional support, send your questions and a SASE for response to:
384 Mosby Drive
Acworth, Georgia 30102
ATTN: Single Parent Scholarship information request