The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is offering Marion B. Sewer Distinguished Scholarship for the undergraduate programme in the field of biochemistry and molecular biology for US citizens and permanent residents.
The aim of this scholarship to provide financial support to students who demonstrate an interest in the fields of biochemistry and molecular biology and enhance the diversity of science.
The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is a nonprofit scientific and educational organization with over 12,000 members. The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is a learned society. The Society’s mission is to advance the science of biochemistry and molecular biology and to promote the understanding of the molecular nature of life processes.
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue the undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the fields of biochemistry and molecular biology and enhance the diversity of science.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships provides up to $2000 toward tuition costs for one academic year.
Number of scholarship: Up to five scholarships will be awarded in each round of applications.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these scholarships:
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or permanent resident at the time of application. Students with DACA status also are eligible. Foreign nationals who are in the U.S. on a visa are not eligible.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited two- or four-year institution located in the U.S. or U.S. territories.
Have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours (or equivalent).
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0-point scale.
Be an ASBMB member at the time of application. Undergraduates can join the ASBMB either directly or by joining an ASBMB Student Chapter at a participating institution.
- Recipients of the Marion B. Sewer Distinguished Scholarship for Undergraduates are eligible to apply for a further scholarship in subsequent semesters/academic years.
Nationality: Applicants of USA can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited two- or four-year institution located in the U.S. or U.S. territories.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Each applicant should prepare the following documents in PDF format:
- Academic transcript
- Statement of research experience and career goals (maximum two pages)
- Statement on significant educational, social, cultural or economic barriers faced by the applicant in pursuit of their education. Please include a detailed description of the barrier(s) as well as any unique insights, perspectives or skills gained while tackling such challenge(s) (maximum two pages).
- The statement demonstrating the applicant’s commitment to diversity in the past and their plan to increase diversity on campus and in the scientific community as a whole. For example, the applicant is encouraged to describe personal experiences, contributions and accomplishments that demonstrate their commitment to improving educational opportunities and/or quality of life for diverse groups (maximum two pages). Examples of contributions to diversity can be found here.
Applicants should submit the above documents via the award website:
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 15, 2017.