Last updated on April 26th, 2017 at 11:47 am
MA Scholarship in Political Science and International Relations in Kazakhstan
The Nazarbayev University is currently accepting applications for a number of master scholarship in the field of Political Science and International Relations. Both domestic and overseas students are welcome to apply. Winners may expect to receive up 100% of tuition fees.
Up to 100% tuition fee waived or discounted and on-campus housing at a symbolic cost.
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in Political Science and International Relations
Place of Study
At the Nazarbayev University in Kazakhstan.
Eligibility and Criteria
International and Kazakhstani graduates of a four-year undergraduate program with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 of 4.0 or above are welcome to apply. Applicants must have achieved a minimum IELTS score of not less than 7.0, with no sub-score lower than 6.0, or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website (or evidence of native competence), for admission.
There is no nationality restriction.
The application package should include the following:
- Three confidential letters of recommendation from individuals who are able to comment on the abilities of the applicant in an academic or professional setting and are familiar with his/her achievements and future aspirations.
- A personal essay giving the reasons for seeking an M.A in Political Science and International Relations at Nazarbayev University.
- One essay in English with thoughtful answers in response to the essay questions provided in the application form
- Notarized copy (-ies) of Bachelor’s (or its equivalent) and/or other degree diplomas with transcript(s); Applicants who obtained Bachelor’s (or its equivalent) and/or other degree diplomas from foreign educational institutions must request their official transcript(s) to be sent to Graduate Admissions Department directly.
- Valid English language proficiency test reports (academic IELTS or TOEFL). The minimum score requirements for each exam are as follows: TOEFL paper-based test score – 600; TOEFL internet-based test score – 100 (with a minimum 21 in each); IELTS test score – 7.0 (with no score below 6.0 in any element) or evidence of native competence.
- Valid GRE Test Report (General Test) (preferable);
- Notarized copy of the applicant’s identity card or passport.
- Resume/curriculum vitae.
- Completed application form. The online application form is available at the link below.
10 April 2017.
Eligible international countries
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde* (Capo Verde), Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe