SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
The Ricci Institute for Chinese-Western Cultural History at the University of San Francisco (USF) now wishes to invite applicants for its Luce Post-doctoral Research Fellowships. The fellowship is exclusively open to international students.
The aim of the fellowship is to offer recipients the unique opportunity to conduct research and to prepare manuscripts for publication that focuses on archival, historiographical, and methodological issues that are relevant to different areas of Christianity and cultures in East Asia(China, Japan, and/or Korea).
The Ricci Institutes, named after the sinologist Matteo Ricci, our research and publication centres directed towards the studies of Chinese ancient and modern culture as well as towards the intercultural dialogue between the Chinese World and the others spiritual traditions in the world. The Ricci Institute for Chinese-Western Cultural History at the University of San Francisco, founded in 1984 Edward Malatesta, S.J.
- Application deadline: January 5, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue post-doctoral research.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded to conduct research and to prepare manuscripts for publication that focuses on archival, historiographical, and methodological issues that are relevant to different areas of Christianity and cultures in East Asia
- Scholarship Award: The stipend is up to $4,500/month.
- Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of fellowships is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in China, Japan, and Korea
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be a post-doctoral level applicant, including Junior Faculty members and researchers (i.e. within five years of having received the PhD degree).
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should submit the following no later than January 5, 2018: (1) a most recent Curriculum Vitae; (2) a 5-10 page double-spaced statement with an outline of the proposed research and related activities, the contribution the scholar hopes to make in the relevant field(s), the tentative plan for the publication of the research results, and how the research is related to and enriched by resources available at the USF Ricci Institute; (3) a proposed budget and other funding sources, if any; (4) two up-to-date letters of recommendation.
- All required documents must be in English. Successful applications will be announced sometime in February 2018. All application documents should be submitted by email with the subject line: “2018 Summer Luce Post-doctoral Fellowship Application”. Letters of recommendation must be submitted directly from the recommenders either electronically to the e-mail address or by regular mail.