Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems in Africa.
To be taken at (country): UK
About the Award: These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Eligibility: To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at the School; and – confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study; and
- meet the School’s minimum English language requirements; and
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level, and
- hold an offer of admission for 2017-18 for one of the School’s 18 London-based MSc programmes of study. Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate outstanding experience and qualifications (in their application documentation), and who have the potential to make significant contributions to public and global health in Africa.
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Scholarship: Each scholarship will cover
- tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,510.00.
How to Apply: Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an application for 2017-18 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page, ensuring that all necessary supplementary documents (including references) are submitted by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting the option ‘2017-18 MSc Scholarships for Future Health Leaders’. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application.
Award Provider: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Important Notes: Please note the name of the scholarship fund may change and is associated with a pharmaceutical company.
Application Deadline: Sunday 19th March 2017.
Eligible Countries: Africa countries