List of Low Tuition Canadian Universities offering Affordable MBA Programs
Today, I’m going to provide a comprehensive list of Universities in Canada with low and affordable tuition fees for MBA programs. I will also provide the tuition fees, so you can choose the ones that will meet your budget. Before I do that, I will like to talk about the cost of living in Canada for students, admission requirements into MBA programs and how to apply for admission.
Cost of living in Canada
Cost of living in Canada vary and depends to a large extent on lifestyle preferences and city of residence. The larger cities and urban areas such as Montreal and Vancouver are more expensive. Living expenses include costs for accommodation, health insurance, food, laundry, utility bills, clothing, social trips, traveling and entertainment and usually ranges from $600 to $800 per month. When you multiply those figures by 12, you should know how much to budget for one year.
Admission requirements for MBA programs in Canada
Typically, to be considered for admission to an MBA program in Canada, an applicant should possess a 4-year undergraduate degree, a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score, work experience, and, for international applicants whose primary language of education is not English, a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score. Each individual school establishes the specifics of the aforementioned admissions criteria, as well as any other prerequisites. The average Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score required by MBA schools in Canada is 550, ranging from a low of 500 to a high of over 600.
Work and study
Yes, students can work part time to support their study in Canada. You can work while studying and after you graduate. Students may qualify for the on-campus, off-campus or post graduate work permit programs.
How to apply
Schools in Canada all accept online application. To start your online application, you should have a good credit card, international Visa or Master Card preferable as you will need to pay a non-refundable application fee of about CAD$100 to CAD$150 before you can submit your application. If you don’t have a credit card, you can pay by bank transfer. Some schools accept that!
List of Universities in Canada offering MBA programs with fees
- Asper School of Business at University of Manitoba ($26,650)
- Cape Breton University ($24,925)
- Carleton University ($15,265.08)
- Dalhousie University ($11,500-$15,300)
- John Molson School of Business at Concordia University ($25,309.11)
- First Nations University ($29,000)
- HEC Montreal ($21,000)
- Kenneth Levene Graduate School of Business at University of Regina ($13,083-$22,000)
- Lakehead University ($12,500-$17,500)
- Lansbridge University ($14,000)
- Laurentian University ($26,500)
- Lethbridge University ($20,349.75)
- Memorial University of Newfoundland ($5,718)
- Odette School of Business at University of Windsor ($14,134.50)
- Royal Military College ($24,000)
- Schulich School Business at York University ($27,500)
- Sobey School of Business at Saint Mary’s University ($25,326)
- University of New Brunswick at Saint John ($24,500)
- University of Newfoundland at Fredericton ($21,880)
- University of Ottawa ($16,552.53-$24,986.49)
- University of Saskatchewan ($32,350)
- University of Victoria ($28,600)
- Wilfrid Laurier University ($24,500)