The Leiden University in Netherlands is delighted to call for applications for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships for Master’s Degree Programme at Netherlands 2018, eligible persons are by this notice invited to apply for this program.
Leiden University (abbreviated as LEI; Dutch: Universiteit Leiden), founded in the city of Leiden, is the oldest university in the Netherlands. The university was founded in 1575 by William, Prince of Orange, leader of the Dutch Revolt in the Eighty Years’ War. The Dutch Royal Family and Leiden University still have a close relationship; Queens Juliana and Beatrix and King Willem-Alexander are former students.
Level: Master’s Degree
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded for all MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden (for Non-EU/EEA students). Scholarships are awarded in the following programmes (for all nationalities): Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European and International Business Law, International Tax Law, Public International Law, International Civil and Commercial Law and MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy.
Scholarship covers: The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 awards: -Platinum Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee and an allowance of €10,000 for living costs -Gold Covers the tuition fee minus the home fee -Silver Covers 75% of the tuition fee -Bronze Covers 50% of the tuition fee -Ivory Covers 25 % of the tuition fee The number and type of award of the 2015 Excellence Scholarships depends on the budget available for each Faculty department. The type of award has no reflection on the students’ academic level of excellence. The tuition fee will be reduced to the amount of the home fee. Students who have been awarded a Platinum or Gold award still have to pay the home fee themselves.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Leiden University Netherlands
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Excellence Scholarships are targeted for International students
To be considered for Excellence Scholarships, applicants should meet the following criteria
- Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2018 or February 2018 (All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden, a number of programs have a start date in September only).
- All nationalities enrolling in the following programmes starting starting February 2018 or September 2018 (programs listed below have a September start date only, with the exception of Adv. Studies in Air & Space Law):
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Air and Space Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in European and International Business Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in International Tax Law
- Master of Laws: Advanced Studies in Public International Law
- MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy
Selection Criteria for Excellence Scholarships
‣ Students are selected on the basis of academic merit.
Scholarship Application Method
- Apply online for admission to a Master’s programme at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a Word doc of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study programme and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
- If you decide to apply for a LExS after you have submitted your online application for admission, send an email to the Scholarships Team before the LExS deadline, clearly stating your application number and attaching your LExS motivation letter.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Programmes starting Feb: 1 Oct / Programmes starting Sept: 1 Feb / Exception – LLM Advanced Studies programmes: 1 March
‣ Note: Excellence Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.