Applications are currently available for Leap Africa 2017 Social Innovators Awards (SIPA) for Young African Entrepreneurs, eligible persons are welcome to apply but must meet the eligibility criteria as stated.
Application Deadline: 16th July 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Nigeria
Eligible Field of Study: None
About the Award: The Social Innovators Programme (SIP) supports youth between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria. Selected Fellows get a chance to join IYF’s global YouthActionNet®community of over 1,100 young social innovators being supported by 21 national and regional institutes like the Social Innovators Programme (SIP) in 21 countries, across 5 continents. The Social Innovators Programme is managed by LEAP Africa, with partnership support from the International Youth FoundationYouthActionNet® programme.
Eligibility: Candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered for the SIP Fellowship:
- Applicants must be Nigerians resident in Nigeria
- Applicants must be between ages 18 – 35 years
- Applicants must be Initiators/ Cofounders of the named project/venture/enterprise/ Foundation
- Social enterprise must be creative, innovative & replicable
- Social enterprise must be contributing positively to impact local communities and lives of Nigerians in different sectors (E.g Health, Agriculture, Education, ICT etc.)
- Applicants must be Able to show proof of work done and impact beyond 12 months prior to date of application for the awards. (Initiative must be a minimum of two year in existence)
- Applicants must establish commitment to sustaining the initiative beyond Fellowship year
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Award: The Fellowship connects outstanding change agents to training, funding, and professional network support required to strengthen their existing initiatives and enhance their impact and sustainability.
How to Apply: Candidates can to apply via the Fellowship webpage (See link below)
Award Provider: Leadership, Effectiveness, Accountability & Professionalism (LEAP) Africa