Applications are currently been invited for the position of a Lead Researcher at United Network of Young Peacebuilders 2018, only eligible applicants will be considered for this program.
Level: Lead Researcher
Eligible Countries: All
To be Taken in: The Hague, the Netherlands
The Lead Researcher will have overall responsibility for the research methodology, process and findings. Specifically, s/he will:
- Develop a detailed research plan.
- Lead a 4-day workshop to prepare the in-country research with one local researcher from each country.
- Undertake a desk review of relevant literature.
- Oversee in-country data collection by a team of two local researchers from each country. The local researchers are expected to conduct focus group discussions with young people involved in peacebuilding activities as well as key informant interviews with other stakeholders.
- Lead a 4-day data analysis workshop with one local researcher from each country.
- Write a report based on the findings of the research.
The Lead Researcher will work closely with a Project Manager, based at the International Secretariat of UNOY Peacebuilders.
- Excellent (qualitative) research, analytic and writing skills
- Understanding, and preferably experience, of youth participation in peacebuilding
- Good knowledge of current academic research in the fields of peace and security and civic participation
- Experience of developing and delivering workshops based on the methodology of non-formal learning, preferably focusing on youth-led research and data analysis
- Excellent written and spoken English, preferably also proficiency Spanish and Arabic
They encourage candidates under the age of 30 to apply.
To apply, please send your CV and a letter describing your motivations for working on this research project and how you would approach the data analysis task to by 2 January 2018 the latest.
Applicants are requested to indicate their daily consultancy rate as well as their availability in the application.
If you have any questions, please contact
Deadline: January 2, 2018
For more information, visit UNOY Peacebuilders Call for Lead Researcher.