K C Mahindra Scholarship 2017 for post-graduate studies abroad
Over 50 K. C. Mahindra Scholarships will be available for Indian students to undertake postgraduate studies abroad. Scholarships are awarded in the fields of Engineering, Natural Sciences, Humanities, Medicine and Business Management including the study of Military, Naval and Aviation Sciences.
The K. C. Mahindra Education Trust was founded by the late Mr. K. C. Mahindra, with an objective of promoting literacy and higher learning in the country.
Their vision is to “Transform the lives of people in India through education, by providing financial assistance and recognition to them, across age groups and income strata.”
Applicants must have secured admission or atleast have applied for admission in reputable foreign Universities or Institution.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate studies abroad.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in following fields of Engineering, Natural Sciences, Humanities, Medicine and Business Management including the study of Military, Naval and Aviation Sciences.
Scholarship Award: Every year, we offer 50 scholarships, as given below:
- A maximum of Rs.8 lakh per scholar, awarded to the top 3 K.C. Mahindra fellows
- A maximum of Rs.4 lakh per scholar, awarded to remaining successful applicants
Number of Scholarships: Over 50 K. C. Mahindra Scholarships will be available.
Scholarship can be taken at Abroad
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for the K. C. Mahindra Education Trust Scholarships the Applicant is required to satisfy the following conditions:-
- He/She is required to possess a First Class degree or an equivalent diploma of similar standard of a recognized Indian University.
- Applicant must have secured admission or atleast have applied for admission in reputable foreign Universities or Institution.
- In addition to the above conditions the Applicant’s character, aptitude and ambition will be the major factors in guiding the Trustees to arrive at a decision regarding the final selection.
- The Applicant is required to state definitely all sources of financial help by the way of University Scholarships, College Fellowships or other financial support from relations and friends or from other Trusts.
Nationality: Indian nationals are eligible to apply for these K. C. Mahindra scholarships.
How to Apply: The form needs to be printed on legal /full scape size paper and not A4 size paper. Application forms should be send by post. Announcements will be made in leading newspapers of the country of the inviting applications for the award for that particular year. Upon receipt of the Application Form:-
- The candidate is required to go through the form carefully and answer all question relevantly and in detail, taking care not leave any column blank.
- Where names of referees have been asked for, candidate is required to have their permission prior to giving their names as referees.
- The Application Form will have to be signed by: the candidate; candidate’s parent or guardian and the person who will guarantee the regular payment of the insurance premia and repayment of the loan.
The following documents must be enclosed with this Application: (Please do not send any originals)
- A copy of Admission letter (attested copy).
- A signed testimonial (letter of recommendation) from any one of the three referees mentioned above. This letter should be on the letterhead of the institute or company.
- A short statement as to the general aptitude and interest, the type of vocation the candidate would like to pursue and his/her ambitions and aspirations in life.
- A copy of GRE/GMAT Score.
- Evidence of course and degree certificates along with Mark-sheets (attested copies).
- A copy of SSC & HSC mark sheet & School Leaving Certificate (attested copies).
- Evidence of age (attested copy).
- Copy of latest C.V
Scholarship Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 30, 2017.