John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation is acceptng applications for 22 new scholarships for postgraduate studies for universities in Greece and abroad for the academic year 2017-2018. There are 20 scholarships awarded in all scientific fields and 2 scholarships in maritime and shipping studies.
The John S. Latsis Public Benefit Foundation, an independent, non-profit organization, was established in 2005 with the aim of undertaking and supporting a variety of public benefit activities in the areas of science, education, culture, arts, social welfare, environmental protection etc. in Greece and abroad.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate studies.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in all scientific fields and in maritime and shipping studies which will be granted by the Neraida Floating Museum.
Scholarship Award: There are 22 scholarships available.
Scholarship can be taken in Greece and Europe
- Applicants must hold a Greek High School Diploma and a university degree (8 and above) from a higher educational institution in Greece or abroad.
- The place of study must be different from the candidate’s permanent residence.
- Eligible candidates are those who are experiencing financial difficulties and are unable to cover the costs of study.
Nationality: Students from Greek are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have undergraduate degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted online. A copy of the Identification Card or Passport
- Copy University / TEI degree or certificate of completion of studies by the Secretariat and transcript. For candidates for degree transcript and affidavit with the subjects which have until the completion of their studies. Candidates who have a lower rating of eight (8.00) it is necessary to provide a certificate from the secretariat that are between 10% Of Graduate in the year received their diploma and document the secretariat of the department which attests lower score that complements the upper 10% of the previous of Graduate academic year.
- For candidates who have already obtained a degree, Certificate Series Classification Graduation University / School
- The certificate will state the total number Of Graduate and ranking by:
A. The academic year of graduation anD
B. At that swearing
- Confirmation position of a tender from the graduate program for which scholarship is requested. Applicants are entitled to apply for a grant only for a Postgraduate Program in case of change of the application will not be evaluated and the scholarship will be granted. Candidates of Greek universities have not given admission examinations to the program or foreign university applicants who have no job offer can attach affidavit stating the title of the Master’s program, the university and the dates of the examinations or response date for job offer.
- A copy of the curriculum or the study Regulation of the Postgraduate Program is requested by the applicant scholarship.
- Contact information (name, phone & e-mail) of two professors of the department in which the candidate completed his undergraduate studies. The applicant must be informed two professors that the foundation may contact them about his academic progress. These items will be on a special affirmation Foundation form.
- Title and abstract (max 200 words) thesis, if any, and name supervisor. Should not developed thesis, title and summary of any work is carried out as part of undergraduate studies of the candidate.
- For candidates of Architecture, Fine and Applied Arts portfolio in electronic form.
- Short text on the economic situation of the candidate and how they planned to cover the cost of studies.
- Statement of Purpose, area of up to 500 words, in which the candidate will evaluate the hitherto academic course, will state the reasons why chose this graduate program over other similar in Greece or abroad, as well as how this option is connected with future plans and aspirations.
- Copy of high school diploma.
- Clearing income tax statement for the last 2 years (ie. Tax years 2015 and 2014) which shows the family income and, if applicable, statement of income tax statement for the last two years for the personal income of the candidate.
- Family status certificate.
- Official confirmation from the OAED if the parent/parents are unemployed/unemployed.
- Completed and signed the special affirmation Foundation form.
- Passport / ID-type photograph (in electronic form)
- Any other document proving the existence of social criteria (eg large families, parent loss, illness, etc.).
Application Deadline: The deadline for submission of applications is June 7, 2017.