The Zonta Club of Milwaukee is now offering college scholarships named as the JMK Women in Business.These programs are available for young women and college students living in and/or attending accredited schools in southeastern Wisconsin including Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington, Racine, and Kenosha counties.The purpose of the program helps to women who are undertaking business studies and who have demonstrated outstanding potential in the field. The program offers up to 32 scholarships of US$1,000 each and 12 international scholarships in the amount of US$7,000 each. In addition, the Club awards a $1,000 scholarship to an outstanding local applicant.
The Foundation of the Zonta Club of Milwaukee, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit, exists to raise and disburse funds. One-third of funds raised are used to support Zonta International Service Projects in several parts of the world.
To eligible for the Women in STEM scholarship, the applicants meet the following requirement:
- Women majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) at an accredited college or university who show outstanding potential in their chosen field are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record and demonstrate intent to complete their chosen program.
- Applicants must either be a Southeast Wisconsin Resident enrolled in any local or out-of-state accredited college or university, or be a full-time out-of-state student attending an accredited college or university in the six-county greater Milwaukee metro area.
- In addition, to be eligible, applicants must have achieved or surpassed “junior” status at their college or university
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant can download the application in MS Word file through the given link:
- The Women in STEM- http://zontamilwaukee.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Women-in-STEM-Application_2017.doc
The application must include:
- One recommendation from a faculty member in the major field of study.
- One recommendation from an employer, volunteer supervisor, or academic advisor. (Classified members and employees of Zonta International and Zonta International Foundation are not eligible to write recommendation letters for applicants.)
- An essay in 500 words or less that clearly describes your academic and professional goals, the relevance of your program to the business field, and how the Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship will assist you in reaching your goals. (Essays exceeding 500 words will not be considered.)
- Verification of current enrollment form from the university/college/institute registrar (see page 10 of application). Acceptance letters are not verification of enrollment and will not be accepted.
- Official detailed transcripts of grades or equivalent records for all universities, colleges, or institutes attended, with an explanation of the grading system for each transcript submitted.
- All non-English documents must be translated into English.
All application materials must be received at the Zonta club in the following ways:
- You can locate the ZontaClub nearest you by using the Club Locator at http://www.zonta.org, or
- Email your name and contact information to Zonta International Headquarters at programs-at-zonta.org.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarships are awarded to women undertaking business studies who have demonstrated outstanding potential in the field. Zonta International offers up to 32 scholarships of US$1,000 each at the district/region level and 12 international scholarships in the amount of US$7,000 each. In addition, the Zonta Club of Milwaukee awards a $1,000 scholarship to an outstanding local applicant.
- The Scholarship may be used at any university, college or institute offering accredited courses and degrees
- The scholarship may be used for any expenses that support the achievement of a degree in a business-related field.
- For domestic and foreign recipients studying in the United States, scholarship funds used for tuition, books, fees, supplies or required equipment for the program of study are not considered taxable income. Withholding taxes may be required on funds used for living expenses or other non-qualified expenses.
The complete 2017 applications are due on or before June 15, 2017.
Link for More Information:
Should you have any additional questions about these scholarships, contact us at zcscholarship-at-zontamilwaukee.org