The Government of Alberta is delighted to invite applications for the Jason Lang Scholarships. The Scholarships is established in the memory of Jason Lang, a 17-year-old high school student who was killed in a school shooting. The scholarship recognizes and rewards Alberta post-secondary students for their academic achievements and encourages them to continue in their undergraduate or professional program of study.
Number of Awards:
Canadian citizen or Permanent
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person of Canada
- Be an Alberta resident as defined by Alberta Scholarships, according to the Scholarship Act
- Be a continuing full time in an undergraduate or professional program in Fall 2017 and/or Winter 2018 at an Alberta post-secondary institution. You’re eligible if you are in an official co-op work term, internship or exchange program offered by the University of Calgary in Fall 2017 and/or Winter 2018
- Achieved a minimum 3.20 GPA calculated on the Fall 2016 and Winter 2017 terms (a minimum of 24.00 units)
- For further information on eligibility, please see the Jason Lang Scholarship website
- If you’re enrolled in Open Studies or Graduate Studies, you’re ineligible
- Courses completed at another institution are not combined with University of Calgary courses for eligibility; spring or summer term courses are not considered
- If you attended another post-secondary institution last year and are transferring to the University of Calgary in 2017/2018, you must contact your previous post-secondary institution for information about your Jason Lang Scholarship eligibility this year
How do I apply?
Submit your completed application form to the Student Awards Office at your educational institution.
Fall Deadline: September 30, 2017
Winter Deadline: January 15, 2018