Last updated on March 28th, 2018 at 03:58 pm
Applications are currently been accepted for the Japanese Government Scholarships for Master Degree Program at Yokohama National University in Japan, 2018,eligible persons are by this charged to hurry and apply for this program
Master’s Degree Program in Infrastructure Management (IMP) scholarships offers are up at Yokohama National University, fully funded by Japanese Government and administered by the World Bank. Nationals of Bank Member Countries are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The YNU program, which is specifically designed to meet the needs of students from developing countries under a scholarship program funded by the World Bank, offers lectures and laboratory work in the fields of engineering, economics, management and law.
The Master’s Degree Program in Infrastructure Management at Yokohama National University (YNU) was established with a special fund from the Government of Japan, administered by the World Bank, for the purpose of training government officials from developing countries who have engineering backgrounds.
Scholarships are available to pursue Master degree programme.
Scholarships are awarded in the field of Infrastructure Management (IMP).
Approximately 10 scholarships are allocated to the YNU program by the World Bank. Each scholarship provides a monthly allowance of JPY152, 000 and a round-trip air ticket to Japan plus a travel allowance of USD 500. The scholarship also covers tuition fees, the entrance examination fee and the admission fee.
Citizens of low and middle income World Bank member countries are eligible for the scholarships. Applicants must be age 45 or younger as of the Scholarship Application Deadline. Applicants must have at least three years of practical experience involving responsibility for infrastructure development and must also intend to pursue a career in the field of development.
Scholarship can be taken in
Be a national of a Bank member country that is eligible to receive Bank financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the Bank financing;
Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor;
N.B. The World Bank will request all successful candidates to provide a certificate of good health.
Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned more than three (3) years before the Scholarship Application Deadline;
Not have received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any other sources funded by the Government of Japan;
Be employed in a paid and fulltime position at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline unless the applicant is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations”;
Have, by the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, at least three (3) years of recent fulltime paid professional experience acquired in development-related work after a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country; If the applicant is from a country in “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, the recent professional experience does not have to be fulltime or paid; and
Be under the age of forty-five (45) at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline.
? Priority Consideration will be given to applicants who:
(a) Are 35 years or younger;
(b) Can receive an official leave of absence during the period of study;
(c) Are planning to return to the equivalent position (including the current one) in their home country after s/he completes the program;
(d) Are recommended by appropriate government agencies; and
(f) Submit Official English proficiency Test Scores, (TOEFL/IELTS)
N.B. It is strongly advised that successful candidates arrange for a leave of absence from their employer for the two-year period during which they are to participate in the program. This leave should assure their re-employment after completion of the program.
- Because the entire program is carried out in English, applicants must provide evidence of a satisfactory level of English competence, either by enclosing the result of the official English proficiency examination or by proving that they have completed a university program conducted mainly in English. For English Proficiency Test Scores, only Original Official Certification issued by the Implementing Test Organs will be accepted instead of Photocopies and it must include your photograph.
- Letters of reference or recommendation from two different people must be provided to support the application. One of these must be from a person who has supervised the applicant in a work situation and the other from a professor at the university from which the applicant graduated.
- It is preferred that successful candidates arrange for a leave of absence from their employer for the two-year period during which they are to participate in the program. This leave should assure their re-employment after completion of the program.
Nationals of Bank Member Countries are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned more than three (3) years before the Scholarship Application Deadline.
English language Requirements: Because the entire program is carried out in English, applicants must provide evidence of a satisfactory level of English competence. If the applicants have completed a university program conducted mainly in English, enclose a certificate of English proficiency sufficient to prove the fact that the medium of instruction has been English and that the applicants have successfully completed the program. If the applicants choose to submit Official English Proficiency Test Scores (TOEFL/IELTS), the only documents we accept are official TOEFL scores sent directly by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) or official IELTS score sent directly by the British Council.
How to Apply:
When applying, applicants must submit the following documents to the Infrastructure Management Program Office, Graduate School of Urban Innovation:
- Signed checklist with completed return address labels, showing applicant’s current mailing address;
- Completed application form;
- Official transcripts showing the applicant’s academic performance in his or her undergraduate program;
- Certification of Graduation or and Copies of Diploma which should be including the title of Bachelor;
- Names and contact information of the recommenders;
- Evidence of a satisfactory level of English competence; and
- Research Plan
Application Deadline:march – April 2018