the University of Tsukuba is inviting Applications from prospective candidates for a Program in Economic and Public Policy (PEPP) studies through the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) of the World Bank and/or the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP).
The objective of the Program in Economic and Public Policy (PEPP) is to provide, within the time frame of 18 months, training and the necessary skills for the conception, design, and implementation of development policies. Our focus is on International Development with a trans-disciplinary approach to the economic and social problems of developing countries and former socialist countries.
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Japan
Eligibility: To apply to PEPP by JJ/WBGSP scholarship, applicant must:
- Be a national of a World Bank (WB) member country that is eligible to receive WB financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the WB financing.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned more than three (3) years before the Scholarship Application Deadline.
- Not have received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any sources funded by the government of Japan.
- Be employed in a paid and full-time position at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline unless the applicant is from a country identified in the WB’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations.”
- Have, by the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, at least three (3) years of recent full-time paid professional experience acquired in development-related work after a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. If the applicant is from a country identified in the WB’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, the recent professional experience does not have to be full-time or paid.
- Be under the age of forty-five (45) at the Scholarship Application Deadline.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), or a close relative of the aforementioned.
To apply to PEPP by ADB-JSP scholarship, applicant must:
- Be a national of an Asian Development Bank (ADB) borrowing member.
- Gain admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- Have at least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Have proficiency in oral and written English communication skills.
- Be not more than 35 years of age at the time of application.
- Agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Not be an Executive Director, Alternate Director, management, staff or consultant of ADB, or a relative of the aforementioned. Staff of the JSP-designated institutions are not eligible to apply to their own institution.
- Not be living or working in a country other than his/her home country.
- Not be enrolled in other graduate degree programs.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Students who have been given scholarship grants by the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) of the World Bank and the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) will enjoy the following benefits:
– Round trip air travel (economy class) between home country and Japan, plus a travel allowance of US$ 500 for each one-way trip
– Full tuition and fees
– A monthly living stipend
– National health insurance
– Other program expenses such as Japanese lessons, educational trips, internship, etc.
How to Apply:
- Check if you meet all application requirements above.
- To complete application process efficiently and successfully, you must read the Application Instructions carefully before/during application process. FAQ may be of assistance to you.
- Go to our Online Application System to start application process.
Award Provider: University of Tsukuba
Application Deadline: 23:59 28th February, 2017 (JST)
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Rep., Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine and Belarus.
- North Africa:
Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia. Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Ivory Coast (Côte D’Ivoire), Djibouti, Eritrea, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Kenya, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Dem. Rep., Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Zambia, Sâo Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, Somalia, St. Helena, Sudan, South Africa, Southern Sudan (new), Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Chad, Uganda and Central African Republic.
- North and Central America:
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Cuba, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines Trinidad and Tobago.
- South America:
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Guyana, Columbia, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- Near and Middle East:
Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Jordan, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian territories and Syria.
- South and Central Asia:
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tadzhikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
- East Asia:
China, Indonesia, Cambodia, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Thailand, East Timor and Vietnam.
Cooki Oslands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Samoa, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Wallis and Futuna.