IWSH Essay Scholarship Contest
The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) is pleased to announce the “IWSH Essay Scholarship Contest”. The contest is open to high school seniors or full-time students who are enrolled or accepting an apprentice program in an accredited technical/trade school, community college, four-year accredited college or university. The purpose of the program is “to acquaint the uninitiated with the crucial importance the plumbing industry plays in our everyday lives” and to introduce students to the global impact of IWSH projects. The top three winners will get up to $1,000, $750, $500. The first place winner will also receive one-year IAPMO student membership.
IAPMO formed the foundation – the International Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Foundation (IWSH) – to help provide safe access to clean water and sanitation systems.
The applicant must be a current high school senior or enrolled or accepted as a full-time (12 credit hours) student in an accredited technical school, community college, trade school, four-year accredited college or university, or an apprentice program.
How to Apply:
To enter, the candidate must submit typewritten an essay on the given topic:
IAPMO formed the foundation – the International Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Foundation (IWSH) – to help provide safe access to clean water and sanitation systems. How would you promote the IWSH projects and what slogan would you use do to so?
- Students must provide a copy of their full-time schedule to confirm eligibility.
- Essays must be written on the topic noted above and must be an original essay.
- One essay per student
- Essays should be no fewer than 800 words and no more than 1,600 words.
- Essays must be typewritten, double-spaced. All citations to factual data should be noted in the footnote or in a References page.
- The cover page should include student’s name, address, phone number and email.
- Any essay that is submitted and is missing some or all of these requirements will be disqualified.
Essays must be submitted by the following ways:
- Email to essay-at-iwsh.org
- Fax to 909-472-4241
- Mail to: International Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Foundation, Attn: Leticia Gallegos, Essay Contest, 4755 E. Philadelphia Street, Ontario, CA 91761.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- First Place – one winner will get up to $1,000 and one-year IAPMO student membership
- Second Place – one winner will get up to $750
- Third Place – one winner will get up to $500
Publication of essay in Official and at IWSH website
The deadline for essay submissions is 11:59 pm (PT) on May 1, 2017. IWSH’s Board of Directors will select and announce essay contest winners by August 2017.
Link for More Information: