The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) is inviting applicants for its Italian Bilateral Scientific Cooperation Award. The award is available for Italian scientists who have given an outstanding contribution in the field of science and technology.
The aim of this award is to recognize an Italian eminent scientist who, in performing his/her research abroad.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) is the foreign ministry of the government of the Republic of Italy. It is also known as the Farnesina as a metonym from its headquarters, the Palazzo Della Farnesina in Rome.
Course Level: The award is available for Italian scientists.
Study Subject: The award supports Italian scientists who have given an outstanding contribution in the field of science and technology.
Scholarship Award: The award consists of an engraved medal and a certificate of the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The “Italian Bilateral Scientific Cooperation Award” is available to Italian scientists who have given an outstanding contribution in the field of science and technology and in the field of the advancement of scientific cooperation, through their activity in one of the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Denmark,Egypt, Estonia, France, Germany, Japan, Great Britain, India, Israel, Lithuania, Mexico, The Netherlands, Republic of Korea, the Republic of Singapore, Russian Federation, Serbia, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, USA and Vietnam.
- The nominee should be resident in the country where they are nominated for the award, at least since January 1st 2015.
- A nomination should be provided by an eminent scientist who is holding a leading position in a Scientific Academy, University, Research Institute or S&T Department of the Government of the Country in which the nominee is working. The nominee should have an excellent academic and/or scientific career and should have joint publications in high impact journals and/or should have invented technologies supported by international patents, in collaboration with the scientists from the above-mentioned Countries in which she/he lives and works. Research in multilateral organizations hosted in the above-mentioned Countries will be considered as well.
- At the time of publication of this notice, the nominee shall be an Experienced Researcher (PhD, 4-10 years from graduation).
- The award will be granted without any restriction of sex, race or religion.
Nationality: Applicants of Italian are eligible to apply for this award.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be PhD.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- Any scientist and institution willing to present a nomination may submit the format here with enclosed to the following email address: berlino.scienza-at-esteri.it
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 10, 2017.