Entries for the 2017-18 Israel-Asia Leaders Fellowship is currently on, with the major objective of developing and investing in future leaders in Israel-Asia relations by providing Israeli and Asian students studying in Israel with the high-level access, contacts, skills-set and support network necessary to build long-term, strategic partnerships between Israel and Asia in their professional fields.
The 8-month program is part-time and is designed to supplement students’ existing university study programs in Israel. By participating in the Israel-Asia Leaders fellowship, you will be part of a select group of young leaders, and gain high-level access, contacts, skills-set and support network necessary to build long-term, strategic partnerships between Israel and Asia through your professional career.
The next fellowship program will run according to the academic year – from October 22, 2017 to May 2018. Fellowship activities will be held approximately two-three Sundays a month between October to January, and one Sunday a month from February to June. The program orientation will take place October 9-10, 2017 in Jerusalem.
Fellowship Cost and Benefits
The program provides 8-months of leadership training and high-level professional development through seminars, field trips, skills workshops, mentors, one-on-one coaching, events/conferences, projects and contacts development.
The cost of the program is covered by the Israel-Asia Center’s supporters. Fellows just need to pay a non-refundable $350 acceptance fee once accepted to the program.
Scholarships: Sponsored Tracks
- Parasol Foundation Israel-Asia Tiger Cubs Track
- Parasol Foundation Israel-India Leaders Scholarship
- Hinrich Global Trade Leaders Scholarship
- Israel-China Economic Leaders Scholarship
- The ideal candidate for the Israel-Asia Leaders Fellowship is someone who is passionate about developing Israel-Asia relations and making an impact.
Candidates should be:
- From one of the following countries:
China (includes Hong Kong and Macau), India, South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Myanmar or the Philippines. Candidates from other countries in Asia will also be considered. A limited number of Israeli students will also be selected.
- Enrolled on or planning to be enrolled on a program of higher education in Israel over the 2016-2017 academic year. Students applying for the Israel-Asia Leaders Fellowship should be studying on a program of higher education in Israel during the duration of the fellowship (meaning at least 2 semesters: Fall Semester 2017 and Spring Semester 2018), and have a valid student visa for this time. Programs could include but are not limited to:
- Bachelors programs
- Graduate Programs
- Exchange Programs
- Special 1-year programs
- PhD and Post-doctorate programs
- Comfortable and capable in English, spoken and written
- For Israeli students, please click here
Candidates should possess the following:
- Passion for promoting Israel-Asia relations in your field of interest
- Pro-active with proven leadership skills
- Eager to learn and apply themselves to new challenges
Read the Frequently Asked Questions as well as the Application Process before you apply.
Deadline: July 14, 2017
For more information and to apply, visit Isreal-Asia Leaders Fellowship.