Ipni Scholar Award Program for Graduate Students.
International Plant Nutrition Institute is inviting applications from Scholars for the Ipni Scholars award programme for graduate students for either a M.Sc. or PhD degree in agronomy, soil science or a related field. Individual graduate students in any country where an IPNI Program exists are eligible. Only a limited number of recipients are selected for the award, worth US$2,000 each. The Award will be made directly to the student. No specific duties will be required of the recipient. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Worldwide (where an IPNI program exists)
Level: Graduate Degree (M.S. or PhD)
Field(s): Awards are awarded in the field of sciences relevant to plant nutrition and management of crop nutrients.
Deadline: 27th April 2017
Funded By: International Plant Nutrition Institute
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Ipni Scholar Award Program is targeted for Citizens of any country.
‣ Award No: Only a limited number of recipients are selected for the Scholar award.
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholar Awards of US$2,000 each will be awarded.
‣ Awards of US$2,000 each will be conferred to deserving graduate students in sciences relevant to plant nutrition and management of crop nutrients.
‣ The Award will be made directly to the student. No specific duties will be required of the recipient.
The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for Ipni Scholar Award Program.
‣ Graduate students attending a degree-granting institution located in any country with an IPNI program are eligible.
‣ Candidates for either the M.S. or PhD degrees, who are enrolled in a program of graduate study as of the application deadline, are eligible.
‣ Applicants who have already completed their degrees are ineligible. In the case of PhD candidates, preference will be given to students who have a minimum of one year remaining before completion of their studies. (Note: Students in Africa – If your university is not located in a region with an IPNI program but your research is being done with research institutions in Africa—including the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), and National Agricultural Research Systems—you are eligible to apply. Your research work should be in Africa and at least one of your main supervisors should be based in Africa.)
‣ Recipients will be announced in September, 2017.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The application process is available on-line only.
GET Started Application here
‣ In order to complete the application process for this Ipni Scholar Award Program, you will need the following:
- Electronic copy of transcripts of all college work, including cumulative and final grade average records (GPA or percentage).
- Electronic copy of three letters of support, one of which should be from the major professor. Letters must be signed and written on official letterhead, and must include the phone number and e-mail address of the letter writer.
- A description of the focus of your thesis or dissertation research presented in a manner that will permit evaluation of its originality, depth, and scope, innovative approaches, and relevance to IPNI’s mission.
- You will be asked to briefly describe any honors or awards you have received, employment, career goals, and other activities you pursue. Note: You will be required to upload the electronic copy of the transcripts and support letters during the on-line application process. You should have an electronic copy of these documents prepared in advance.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 27th April 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.