Applications are been invited from unemployed graduates in South Africa for Internship programs, worthy of note the listed eligibility criteria which will determine qualification or disqualification of applicants for the program.
The National Research Foundation (NRF) is responsible for the management of the DST-NRF Internship Programme in which unemployed Science, Engineering and Technology (SET) graduates and postgraduates (including those in Social Sciences and Humanities) are offered an opportunity to acquire practical work experience through mentoring and exposure to a research environment.
- Interns will receive a monthly salary ranging between R6 070.00 and R8 050.00 per month – depending on the level of qualification.
- Unemployed South African graduates and postgraduates in the Science, Engineering, and Technology (SET), Research and Development, Social Sciences and Humanities fields are eligible to apply.
- South African Permanent Residents who hold a South African Identity Document also qualify while non-South African citizens are not eligible.
- Applicants should not be older than 35 years at the time of submission of an application.
- Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only graduates who hold an Advanced Diploma or Bachelor’s degree at NQF level 7, Honours or BTech degrees at NQF level 8 and MTech or Master’s degrees at NQF level 9 qualify to apply for an internship.
- Candidates holding a National Diploma at NQF level 6 as well as DTech and PhD at NQF level 10 are not eligible to apply.
NB: Candidates who would be registered full-time during the 2018 academic year, are also not eligible to apply.
SHORTLISTING AND INTERVIEWS
- Shortlisting and Interviewing of applicants will be conducted by the participating host institutions.
- Applicants will be shortlisted and called for interviews via their personal email as indicated in the application.
- Applicants are advised to check their emails intermittently from 18 December 2017 to 31 March 2018.
PLACEMENT IS AT VARIOUS INSTITUTIONS
Successful applicants will be placed at various participating institutions throughout the country and should thus apply for a position available in the province where they would like to be placed. The NRF does not pay relocation costs to an appointed candidate (s) who has to relocate to another province.
- The internship programme is offered for a period of 12 months. Successful applicants will be required to sign an internship contract for the duration of the internship period.
HOW TO APPLY?
All applications must be submitted electronically on the NRF Online Submission System at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za.
Register/Login using your ID number and password.
Go to “My Applications” – “Create Application” and select the call for which you are applying: Internship Programme – Applicants 2018.
Complete all the compulsory sections as per instructions and attach certified copies of qualifications, academic records and a copy of your South African Identity Document.
Please refer to the attached advertisement for the relevant Areas of Specialisation / Displines.
For technical online enquiries, please contact the Support Desk (Mondays to Fridays from 08h00 to 16h30) on: Tel: (012) 481-4202 or E-mail: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 14 November 2017. No late or incomplete applications will be considered.
Applications will be submitted directly to the NRF. There is no DA process for this call.
Applicants should therefor contact the above persons if changes need to be made after submission and before the closing date – 14 November 2017.
Application Deadline: 14 November 2017.
For More Information: