Applicants are invited for the Chancellors Masters Scholarships for UK/EU and International Students in UK , and applications are submitted till 1 August 2017. This masters scholarship is to be held at The University of Sussex Scholarships are available for pursuing masters degree program in the UK. Applicants must ensure that they comply with the eligibility criteria.
‣ The University of Sussex is awarding up to 100 Chancellors Masters Scholarships for UK/EU and international students. Scholarships are available for pursuing masters degree program in the UK.
‣ This scholarship aims to assist high achieving and highly motivated international research scholars at the University of Sussex.
The University of Sussex is a leading higher education and research institution near Brighton, in the south of England.
‣ Sussex was the first of the new wave of UK universities founded in the 1960s. Its goal is to deliver teaching and learning programmes that are informed by current research, are attractive to students from all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, and which deliver skills for life.
‣ Applicants must hold or expect to achieve a first-class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university or the European Union. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | UK
Level: Master’s degree
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the University of Sussex (excluding Postgraduate diplomas (including Common Professional Examination (CPE), Law and Economics), Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a bursary), Social Work post qualifying Masters degrees, PGCE courses and schools direct teaching courses, MSc Automotive Engineering, MA degrees in IDS apart from MA Gender and Development, Masters degrees at the Brighton and Sussex Medical School and In addition, masters students funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding) are not eligible).
|Deadline: 1 August 2017
Funded By: The University of Sussex
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Chancellors Masters Scholarships are targeted for UK/EU and international students (achieve a first-class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university)
‣ Award No: up to 100
‣ Scholarship covers: University is delighted to offer up to 100 £5,000 Masters scholarships to attract the most talented students to study at Sussex.
In order to be considered for a Chancellors Masters Scholarships applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
‣ All applicants (UK, EU and non-EU) who either hold or expect to achieve a first-class undergraduate honours degree from any UK higher education institution or who hold or expect to achieve an excellent undergraduate degree from a university within the European Union are eligible
‣ must apply for an eligible Masters course and receive and accept an offer by 1 August 2016;
‣ must meet all the University’s general entrance requirements.
‣ Entrance Requirement: All applicants (UK, EU and non-EU) who either hold or expect to achieve a first-class undergraduate honours degree from any UK higher education institution or who hold or expect to achieve an excellent undergraduate degree from a university within the European Union are eligible
‣ Test Requirement: No
‣ Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are submitted via online
‣ Please provide a personal statement of no more than 3000 characters in support of their application.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due 1 August 2017
The application deadline is 1st August 2017.
Scholarships will be awarded in a number of separate rounds in April, June and August and successful applicants will be notified after each round. If you are not immediately successful in being awarded a scholarship, but meet the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be re-considered in the following allocation round alongside any new applications. The final allocation will be after the August deadline, with all remaining decisions notified then.
If you accept a Chancellor’s Masters Scholarship you may be required to undertake occasional promotional or support duties for the University of Sussex at times agreed between yourself and the University (e.g. providing copy for the prospectus or web page). Schools of study may also have specific duties they wish you to assist with.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. If I am a current Sussex student am I eligible?
No, but you may be eligible for a Sussex Graduate Scholarship.
2. If I am a previous Sussex student am I eligible?
Yes, if you hold a first-class honours degree.
3. If I apply for a part-time Masters degree am I eligible?
No, the scholarship is only available for full-time study. The award is intended to enable students to complete their Masters course within one year, by reducing the fee to approximately the equivalent of the part-time fee for the first year. This enables students to save the living expenses that would otherwise be incurred in a second year and to complete the degree more quickly.
4. If I am offered a place on a Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS) Masters am I eligible?
Yes, all BSMS students on Masters courses accredited by the University of Sussex are eligible to apply for the Chancellors Masters Scholarship in 2017/18
5. I am an overseas student for fee purposes am I eligible to apply?
Yes if you either hold or expect to achieve a first-class honours degree from any UK higher education institution or hold or expect to achieve an equivalent degree, with the highest grades, from a university within the European Union.
6. If I am offered a scholarship but defer my place at Sussex, can the scholarship be carried over to the next year?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to carry over the scholarship to another year.
7. If I take up a place at Sussex, but temporarily withdraw, can the scholarship be carried over to the next term?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to carry over the scholarship. The scholarship is for the duration of the 2017/18 academic year only.
8. If I have funding from another source can I also apply for a scholarship?
Yes, the scholarships are available to funded and self-financing students. However, there are some exceptions:
- You cannot be in receipt of this award and any other University of Sussex funded scholarship (including the Chancellor’s International Scholarship, the HESPAL scholarship, the Sussex Country Scholarships, the Sussex MBA Scholarship or the Sussex Graduate Scholarship).
- You cannot be in receipt of this award and research council funding i.e. as part of the ESRC funded 1+3 scheme.
- If you receive an additional fee waiver from a School or department at the University the total amount of the combined fee waivers cannot exceed the total amount of the tuition fee.
9. Can I apply if I only intend to undertake Masters level study and do not intend to pursue doctoral study?
Yes, the Chancellor’s Masters Scholarship seeks to reward excellence at undergraduate level.
10. Are the scholarships available to study at research (PhD) level?
No, however, there are a range of PhD scholarships for research students and you can find details on our Funding Database.
11. When will I know the outcome of my application?
Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis starting in April. Successful applicants will be informed after each round, with eligible (but unsuccessful) applicants automatically re-considered in the following round alongside any new applications. The final allocation of scholarships will be in August, with all decisions notified by Monday 11 September.
12. How will I receive the scholarship?
The scholarship will be awarded as a tuition fee reduction when you register.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme please email: email@example.com
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.