The standard chartered bank is delighted to call on young Africans to apply for the International Standard Chartered Bank Graduate Programme for Young Africans 2018.
As one of the world’s most international banks, one of the key differentiators of the Standard Chartered Bank International Graduate Programme is the opportunities offered across SCBs footprint of Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Right from the start of the programme SCB host the five week International Induction Programme in Shanghai to connect with global network of International Graduates with their peers from the 30+ countries SCB recruit for.
Type: Graduate Program
Institution: Standard chartered bank
- For the Graduate roles, you must have an undergraduate degree and be eligible to work permanently in the country that you are applying to. If you are applying for a role in the UAE, we may consider applications from nationals of Middle East and North African countries.
- For the Internships, you must be in your second to last year of study to apply. We will accept applications from final year students who are required to complete mandatory National or Military Service after graduation. To apply for an Internship position, you must have the legal right to work in the country for which you are applying for the full duration of the internship (student visas or holiday work passes are allowed, provided they are valid for the duration of the internship). SCB are unable to apply for work permits for any Internship.
- As English is the business language of Standard Chartered across the world, you need to be able to speak business-level English to apply for our opportunities. Being able to speak more than one language is also an advantage.
2018 – International Graduate Programme – Wealth Management – Botswana
Requisition ID: IGWMBT18
2018 – International Graduate Programme – Wealth Management – Ghana
Requisition ID: IGWMGH18
Requisition ID: IGGBKE18
2018 – International Graduate Programme – Wealth Management – Kenya
Requisition ID: IGWMKE18
2018 – International Graduate Programme – Global Banking and Corporate Finance – Nigeria
Requisition ID: IGGBNG18
2018 – International Graduate Programme – Wealth Management – Nigeria – (IGWMNG18)
Requisition ID: IGWMNG18
2018 – International Graduate Programme – Global Banking and Corporate Finance – South Africa
Requisition ID: IGGBZA18
2018 – International Graduate Programme – Wealth Management – Zambia
Requisition ID: IGWMZB18
IGs must complete all mandatory rotations before moving into their permanent roles. The deployment process starts in June.
IGs are expected to follow through on the commitment to the business stream or function they choose when they joined the Bank.
IGs may be promoted to global Grade 7 on deployment if they have successfully completed all the programmatic elements of the IG Programme by 31 July 2018. These elements will be described in detail at the IIP. IGs should be in their permanent roles no later than September 1, after which time IGs will be move to respective business cost centers.
There are a few steps to the application process.
Below should help you understand what you’ll need to prepare for each stage:
Short application form
When you complete the online form, you’ll need to include:
- Educational experience
- Work or volunteering experience and dates
- A personal statement:
- What you’ll bring to the role
- Why SCB is your preferred choice. What makes us different?
- Skills and experiences from your studies that you’ll bring to your role with Standard Chartered
- Specifics of your work, volunteering or community experience that you’ll bring to your role with Standard Chartered
Online strengths assessment
This is a personality test that helps both you and us assess whether you’re a good fit for the role. There are no right or wrong answers to these questions, just be yourself and answer truthfully.
Numerical and abstract reasoning tests
The aptitude tests help us match your ability to the right role. The tests will get progressively more challenging based on your answers and should only take 12-15 minutes.
The first time we meet you will be via an online video interview. We’ll talk about your application and your strengths.
The first time we meet in person will be with the graduate team at your local Standard Chartered offices.
Face-to-face business interview
When you’re through to the final stage, you’ll interview with the people you’ll be working with. They’ll already be working in the stream you applied for.
For More Information: