International Leaders In Education Program (ILEP) for Indonesians(SHARE THIS)
ILEP is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State and is administered by the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX). ILEP brings outstanding secondary school teachers of English, math, science, social studies, and special education from around the world, including Indonesia, to the United States. Participants further develop expertise in their subject areas, enhance their teaching skills and increase their knowledge about the United States.
ILEP teachers participate in a five month academic program at US university graduate schools of education, including coursework and intensive training in teaching methodologies, lesson planning, teaching strategies for their home environment, teacher leadership, as well as the use of computers for internet, word processing and as tools for teaching. The program, which for the current intake year (deadline April 15, 2017) will commence in January 2018 and conclude in May 2018, also includes an internship at a secondary school to engage participants actively with the American teachers and students.
The Fellowship provides:
- Pre-departure orientation held in Indonesia
- Round-trip airfare to, from, and within the US
- Welcome Orientation in Washington, DC
- Academic program fees
- Housing (generally shared with other program fellows)
- Accident and sickness insurance
- Daily allowance for meals and incidentals
- Laptop computer
- Books and professional development allowance
- Closing Seminar in Washington, DC
- Excess baggage/shipping allowance
- Opportunity to apply for collaborative grants with US colleagues
- Be current secondary school-level (SMP/SMA or equivalent) full-time teachers in a school that serves a primarily local (not expatriate) population
- Have five or more years of classroom experience in one of the target disciplines: English, social studies, mathematics, science, or special education
- Be an Indonesian citizen
- Hold a bachelor’s degree (S1) or equivalent
- Be proficient in written and spoken English with a minimum TOEFL ITP score of 500 or TOEFL iBT of 60/61, or IELTS equivalent
- Demonstrate a commitment to continue teaching after completion of the program
How to Apply
You have a choice of two ways to apply: submitting hard copies of application documents to AMINEF in Jakarta; or applying online. The details of the two options are as follows:
Option 1: Submit hardcopy of application documents to AMINEF office address
1. First, you should download the application form here and complete them in full
2. Then submit the completed form and the following items in hard copy to AMINEF:
- Clearly written, concise, one-page “Statement of Purpose”
- Curriculum vitae
- Institutional support and reference form completed by your supervisor
- Leave Approval form completed by your school director
- Copy of KTP or passport
- Copy of TOEFL/IELTS score
Send or deliver to:
American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF)
Intiland Tower, Lantai 11
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 32
Tel: (021) 579 39 085 ~ 9086
Option 2: Submit application online
You will need to complete the online application at the following link: here. Before you complete and submit your online application form, you should download and read carefully the application guidelines here .
Please note that the following documents must be uploaded online in PDF format:
- Institutional Support and Reference Form (Part XII)
- KTP or passport (Part XIV)
- Transcript and diploma (Part XIV)
- TOEFL or IELTS score (Part XIV)
- Curriculum vitae (Part XIV)
The deadline to submit the complete application and the required documents is 15 April 2017.
*The exact deadlines every year may be subject to change and if the application deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, it is automatically extended to the next business day. Only short-listed applicants will be notified and interviewed.
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via email to: email@example.com.