Offers are currently available for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships for International and Canadian applicants , and applications submission is on-going till September 20, 2017, 20:00 EDT. The Government of Canada is delighted to offer Banting postdoctoral fellowship program for Canadian and foreign citizens. Up to 70 fellowships are awarded annually (a total of up to 140 awards are active at any time). Fellowships worth of $70,000 per year (taxable) will be awarded. International and Canadian applicants are reminded that on application,all eligibility criteria must be met as stated.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada or foreign countries
Level: postdoctoral applicants
Field(s): in following research areas: Health research, Natural sciences and/or engineering and Social sciences and/or humanities
Deadline: September 20, 2017, 20:00 EDT
Funded By: Government of Canada
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for Canadian and foreign citizens
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
‣ No. of awards: 70 fellowships are awarded annually (a total of up to 140 awards are active at any time).
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Fellowships are offered for 2 years (nonrenewable).
‣Value of Scholarship : Fellowships worth of $70,000 per year (taxable) will be awarded.
‣ The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social and research based growth.
‣ Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to apply for this Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
‣ Applicants to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree:
- between September 21, 2013 and September 30, 2017 (inclusively), and before the start date of their award.
- Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2017.
‣ Research excellence and leadership in the research domain–demonstrated capacity for research excellence based on track record to date as defined by the quality of applicant’s research contribution, and demonstrated capacity for leadership in the research domain defined by the sphere of influence achieved to date by the applicant.
‣ Quality of applicant’s proposed research program–examined in terms of the potential of the proposed research program, executed in the proposed institutional environment, to position the applicant for significant impact through a research-intensive career (potential for significant impact).
‣ Institutional commitment and demonstrated synergy between applicant and institutional strategic priorities: Demonstrated commitment of the institution to support development of the applicant’s research and leadership capacity through institutional support (funding, facilities, equipment, etc.) and professional development; Demonstrated alignment and synergy between the applicant’s research ambitions and the institution’s potential to benefit strategically from engagement with the applicant (alignment with institution’s strategic priorities).
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a foreign university.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is unique in its emphasis on the synergy between the following:
- applicant – individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career
- host institution – commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic priorities
An applicant to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must complete their application in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are submitted via online. Application
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : September 20, 2017, 20:00 EDT
is the deadline for complete application submission. Applicants seek endorsement from host institution to apply, prepare and submit application (institutions may have internal deadlines) April – September
October to December 2017- Evaluation of applications
Mid February, 2018-Anticipated announcement of results. Applicants will be notified by email when the results are available on ResearchNet.
April to October 2018-Payments begin
‣ Applicants will attach the following documents:
- Research proposal
- Institutional letter of endorsement
- Supervisor’s statement
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.