Last updated on April 26th, 2018 at 01:03 pm
International students House is partnering with various London Universities to provide Residential Scholarships which provides free accommodation for students from developing countries, for up to a year and in exceptional circumstances up to three years.
International Students House, London is a residence for 700 British and overseas students, interns and trainees whilst staying in London.
If English is not student’s first language they will need to meet the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.
This is a two-year residential scholarship program for postgraduate students.
Scholarships are awarded for accommodation during the applicant’s study period in London.
ISH provides a range of Residential Scholarships which provide free accommodation at ISH for up to a year and in exceptional circumstances up to three years.
Scholarship can be taken in the
- Students should be from a developing or emerging country and intend to return on completion of their studies.
- Preference will be given to postgraduate students.
- Preference will be given to students that are studying a course that will provide skills to assist in the development of their home country.
- Students must have a good proven academic record, with every prospect of success in their study and future careers.
- Students must study at a publicly funded tertiary level educational institution in London.
- Students must study in one of their member institution. Please contact the university to check that they will be taking up membership for the academic year for which applicants are applying.
- Preference will be given to students who would otherwise be unable to study/finish their study for financial reasons.
- Except in exceptional circumstances, awards will be for one year only.
- Students must have a tuition scholarship in place from their place of study, their Government or a recognised organisation.
Students of developing countries can apply for residential scholarships.
List of Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Congo Rep, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the, Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have bachelor’s degree.
English Language Requirement: If English is not student’s first language they will need to meet the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.
How to Apply: In 2018/19 all scholarship applications must be made through institutional partners (usually London-based universities).
Application Deadline: As all applications are handled by partner institutions, different deadlines will apply.