SHARE TO HELP SOMEONE WIN A SCHOLARSHIP TODAY!
Are you a young person from the mena region? then this program is for you, hurry and apply for the ifa CrossCulture Internship Programme for MENA Region 2018,only eligible applicants will be considered for this program.
Value of Award: The interns’ travel and subsistence expenses are covered by the programme funds. This includes a monthly grant of 550 Euro, travel costs to Germany and urban local traffic, as well as visa fees, health insurance and accommodation. The latter is either a private room in a shared flat (according to gender), a private room in a host family or a small furnished apartment. Accommodation includes cost for electricity, water and heating; whereas telephone and internet facilities are not included.
- In addition to further professional development and specialist training, the programme participants also gain an insight into the social and political structures of the host country and become acquainted with cultural characteristics and behavioural patterns through integration into working and everyday life.
- They make important contacts which they can use when they return to their home country for future collaboration.
- CrossCulture fellows returning home can offer a valuable contribution to their respective organisations thanks to the experience they have gained abroad. This intercultural exchange thus sustainably strengthens the formation of networks between Germany and the Islamic countries and encourages cross-border dialogue and cooperation.
- Islamic countries: Target groups in the Islamic countries are young professionals and volunteers in various areas of civil society and multipliers who are engaged in the key areas of (social) political development.
- Germany: For German candidates, the target groups are employees of the corresponding host organisations as well as young professionals and volunteers committed to fields of work in which intercultural experience is crucial.
Scholarships within the CrossCulture Programme are offered in the following work areas:
- Politics & Society
- Human Rights & Peace Building
- Sustainable Development
- Media & Culture
Eligibility: Requirements for taking part in the CrossCulture Programme (CCP) include a good command of English and a permanent involvement in an organisation or institution in one’s own country. Knowledge of the German language is an additional qualification, not a requirement. Applicants should be aged between 23 to 45 years. Currently enrolled university students will not be considered for selection. Furthermore the applicants must be in good health. Their physical as well as mental working capacity must be sufficient for the requirements of a longer stay abroad and the essential work requirements of the internship.
How to Apply: Applications for CCP are to be submitted online via our application portal. Please pay attention to the technical requirements. The following required documents have to be uploaded:
- letter of motivation(please use the template)
- recommendation letter by your current employer / home organisation (please use the template)
- photo (optional)
Please make sure that you have all the necessary documents available when starting the application process, as partial applications cannot be saved. Only fully completed applications will be eligible.
Do not send your application via e-mail to ifa as those applications will not be considered!
Application Deadline: 12th January 2018
Important Notes: Due to the armed conflict and volatile security environment, scholarships for applicants from Syria, Afghanistan and Yemen are not allocated in 2018.