The Islamic Development Bank (IDB) is calling for applications for Young Professionals Program for outstanding young graduates who can significantly help the IDB Group to carry out its mission and attain its objectives. Applicants are reminded that the eligibility criteria should be read through carefully and adhered to strictly to avoid disqualification.
About the Award: The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is the strategic talent pipeline for the professional career in the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Group.
This Program enables each Young Professional (YP) to receive extensive exposure and experience of the IDB Group’s various activities through job rotations in different departments. Participants will initially spend two weeks Orientation stage in HRMD. Then, 27 months in Foundation stage which will be split into three rotations of 9 months each in IDB Group departments.
Participants will also benefit from a coaching/career counselling arrangement and a wide range of relevant training and developmental opportunities.
Upon successful program completion, the participant will gradually climb up the professional grades in the IDB Group.
Application Deadline: 28th February 2018
Eligible Countries: IDB member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Saudi Arabia – Jeddah
Eligibility: Prospective candidates for the YPP must fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Age not more than 32 years at the time of application. May be allowed to attend interviews if they are under the age requirement at the date of application
- Holds a Bachelor degree in development, education, economics, finance, accounting, business administration, engineering, information technology and law or any other specializations relevant to the work of the Bank from highly reputed Universities or international centers of excellence
- Outstanding academic record. The indicators of high grades shall be based on education system of each country or region. The following grades from different education systems shall form a baseline for candidate’s eligibility for the YP program:
- GPA 3.5 on the scale of 4 or equivalent for any other system
- ‘A’ Grade according to regional systems following ABC grading
- ‘Excellent’ (ممتاز) in Arab, Russian or any other region’s system following such grading system
- Bien in French and Francophone systems
- 2nd Class Upper Honors in British system
- Able to work in English as business language
- Shall be a citizen of an IDB member country; applicants from Muslim communities of non-member countries may be admitted
- No working experience is required. However, experience shall be considered favorably.
Applicants in the following categories shall be considered as Priority candidates subject to their meeting entry requirements:
- Professionals with experience in a field directly related to the IDB Group’s activities particularly experience working in global organizations
- Under-represented nationalities from IDB member countries
- Master’s degree or its equivalent or Ph.D
- Good command of Arabic or French provided he/she is able to work in English
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration and Value of Program:
- Two weeks Orientation at HRMD
- Three department rotations of 9 months duration each
- The objective of this stage is to develop/strengthen the foundation of YPs with required competencies, knowledge and skills needed in the IDB Group, so that they could succeed professionally
- YPs shall be confirmed in one of the departments subject to meeting requirements
- Assigned a 3 to 6 months graduation project
- YPs are expected to be in this stage between 1 year to 2 years before considered for graduation
- The integrated YPs shall be exposed to LeadDP (Leadership Development Program)
- YPs to be fully integrated with the IDB’s operations and culture
- HRMD shall ensure that the YP is ready for the professional role
- Direct placement on the grade of the position for which he/she was selected
- Successful YPs awarded Certificate of Graduation
During the Program, the participants will also benefit from coaching/career counselling arrangements and a wide range of relevant training and developmental opportunities.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are to supported their application with all necessary documents/information for a proper evaluation.
It is necessary to go through the application requirements and process on the Program Webpage (See Link below) before applying.
Award Providers: Islamic Development Bank (IDB)